THERION Parts Ways With Singer MATS LEVÉN

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
THERION Parts Ways With Singer MATS LEVÉN, Announces Replacement - May 10, 2007

Swedish metallers THERION have issued the following update:

"From Wacken Open Air [in early August] and onwards, Mats Levén (KRUX) will no longer be singing with the band. It was a decision taken by the whole band in discussion with Mats. This change of lineup is on friendly terms and the remaining shows before Wacken will be performed with the same energy and passion as if nothing had happened. There are no bad feelings. THERION will continue to develop even further into the direction we set on the last tour and Mats will focus on his new projects.

"Every time there was a change in the THERION lineup, it caused a lot of discussions. Some will always prefer the previous line-up because for some reason or another. Those who was with us back then probably remember the discussions after Martina, Anders 'the bald guy' Engberg etc. Some fans fell in love with the high-energy vitamin injection that Mats gave to the band, while others thought he was too much rock 'n' roll for THERION (which by the way was totally our intention when engaging him for the 'Lemuria'/'Sirius B' tour). Without a doubt though, it is clear that a majority will think back of the period with Mats on stage with a huge smile. Each stage in THERION's development has had its own unique charm and strengths and it is therefore a good thing when people are missed, but the good part is that it does not mean one has to be disappointed with the next step.

"And the part you all have been waiting for... The new guy will be Thomas Vikström, a singer who has been singing both opera, operettas and musicals as well as rock, metal and loads of other stuff. He is probably most known in the metal world for singing on a CANDLEMASS album ('Chapter VI' — which is actually far from his best effort). Here in Sweden he is also know for the melodic hard rock band TALK OF THE TOWN. His great vocal abilities will for sure be more known at least among the THERION fans after the tour."

THERION's latest studio album, the dual-disc "Gothic Kaballah", was released in North America on February 6 via Nuclear Blast Records.

and for anyone wondering... I'll live. :p

Mats is a great singer, but with the ever-evolving lineup that Therion has had through the years (except guitars and bass since 2001), I've been expecting this. I'm actually pleasantly surprised he stayed through the Kabbalah recordings. I fully expected Therion to announce a whole new lineup for that album - and they all but did! :Smug: And Snowy Shaw is a great backing/lead singer. I never knew he had it in him. Then again, I never followed King Diamond or Snowy's other projects that closely either.

Looking forward to seeing what Thomas Vikström brings to the table. =)

:headbang:

THERION Parts Ways With Singer MATS LEVÉN, Announces Replacement - May 10, 2007

Swedish metallers THERION have issued the following update:

"From Wacken Open Air [in early August] and onwards, Mats Levén (KRUX) will no longer be singing with the band. It was a decision taken by the whole band in discussion with Mats. This change of lineup is on friendly terms and the remaining shows before Wacken will be performed with the same energy and passion as if nothing had happened. There are no bad feelings. THERION will continue to develop even further into the direction we set on the last tour and Mats will focus on his new projects.

"Every time there was a change in the THERION lineup, it caused a lot of discussions. Some will always prefer the previous line-up because for some reason or another. Those who was with us back then probably remember the discussions after Martina, Anders 'the bald guy' Engberg etc. Some fans fell in love with the high-energy vitamin injection that Mats gave to the band, while others thought he was too much rock 'n' roll for THERION (which by the way was totally our intention when engaging him for the 'Lemuria'/'Sirius B' tour). Without a doubt though, it is clear that a majority will think back of the period with Mats on stage with a huge smile. Each stage in THERION's development has had its own unique charm and strengths and it is therefore a good thing when people are missed, but the good part is that it does not mean one has to be disappointed with the next step.

"And the part you all have been waiting for... The new guy will be Thomas Vikström, a singer who has been singing both opera, operettas and musicals as well as rock, metal and loads of other stuff. He is probably most known in the metal world for singing on a CANDLEMASS album ('Chapter VI' — which is actually far from his best effort). Here in Sweden he is also know for the melodic hard rock band TALK OF THE TOWN. His great vocal abilities will for sure be more known at least among the THERION fans after the tour."

THERION's latest studio album, the dual-disc "Gothic Kaballah", was released in North America on February 6 via Nuclear Blast Records.
Mats will be dearly missed, but good luck to the new guy!

I'll just say that I was glad to have seen him up front for Therion. I also hope to see this new lineup sometime soon. *crosses fingers for a much more tuned down NA tour*

I am going to miss mats vocals. He is a great front man. this past US tour blew me away. I will give the new guy a chance but he has big shoes to fill.
Mats also left At Vance too, which no one really is talking about.

Um, was Mats Leven at PPVI? I'm a huge fan of his and I'd be pretty disappointed if I was there and didn't even notice that he was singing for Therion.

Um, was Mats Leven at PPVI? I'm a huge fan of his and I'd be pretty disappointed if I was there and didn't even notice that he was singing for Therion.

yes he was. and he was quite the front man - better than I expected actually, having never seen him before. I also didn't know at that time that he was singing with At Vance. Then again, I've never heard anything from them that grabbed me of the few songs I've sampled.

where were you at PPVI? did you see Therion on stage? If not, you missed it. And I mean you really missed it.

:headbang: