Therion: Sitra Ahra

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com

click pic for some details

so who else wishes for a Therion return to ProgPower in 2011? :devil:
although I'd be happy with a U.S. return anywhere. I'd fly to see them.
The Sitra Ahra album is being hyped by Christofer Johnsson as
"something spectacular, even by THERION's standards!"
And since they amaze me time and time again, I believe the hype!

Did you ever ready this interview with Christofer:

"The tour we did in 2005 was not very successful due to us being overbooked with shows in areas where we don't do too well (which I pointed out before the tour, but I was talked into doing it) plus the fact that our tour bus broke down and we lost a bunch of shows."

"This time we tried a new concept (with a more professional American booking agent) and do only shows in areas where we do OK or good. We've had fun shows so far, but economically it isn't working this way either, the initial costs (work permit, visa, flights etc) are spread over too few shows and the budget was on the limit already when being planned. As unexpected costs always tend to pop out, the tour will now have a bit of minus and thus also this concept turned out to be not working. This means that unless the tooth fairy decides to sponsor us or some festival decides to pay us sick amounts of money to bring us over and carry the massive costs, this will likely be your last opportunity to see the band perform in USA/Canada. This decision is also pushed by the fact that we are becoming more and more of a show band and we don't play many venues over here in a size where the European production would fit. Starting from the next World Tour 2010, we want to standardize things and have an identical stage set up no matter where we play in the world."

click pic for some details

so who else wishes for a Therion return to ProgPower in 2011? :devil:
although I'd be happy with a U.S. return anywhere. I'd fly to see them.
The Sitra Ahra album is being hyped by Christofer Johnsson as
"something spectacular, even by THERION's standards!"
And since they amaze me time and time again, I believe the hype!
Holy fuck am I with you on this! I love THERION! Hopefully the stars will line up perfectly and...

One of my favorites. It really is too bad they most likely will never come over here. I'm just happy I was able to see them on that last tour. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

I am VERY happy that Glenn was able to book Therion for PP 6, that Pellaz was able to successfully sponsor them, and that I was able to attend said show.

\m/

Looking forward to this album. The coverart refers to the Tree of Life, or possibly the tree of death, much like Therion's compatriots in 1349 and Watain and in some long ago circles, Dissection.

Or it represents the title of the album. From wiki:

Later Kabbalistic works, including the Zohar, appear to more strongly affirm dualism, as they ascribe all evil to a supernatural force known as the Sitra Achra[25] ("the other side") that emanates from God. The "left side" of divine emanation is a negative mirror image of the "side of holiness" with which it was locked in combat. [Encyclopaedia Judaica, Volume 6, "Dualism", p. 244]. While this evil aspect exists within the divine structure of the Sefirot, the Zohar indicates that the Sitra Ahra has no power over Ein Sof, and only exists as a necessary aspect of the creation of God to give man free choice, and that evil is the consequence of this choice. It is not a supernatural force opposed to God, but a reflection of the inner moral combat within mankind between the dictates of morality and the surrender to one's basic instincts.

I am VERY happy that Glenn was able to book Therion for PP 6, that Pellaz was able to successfully sponsor them, and that I was able to attend said show.

Just let me win the lottery*, and we'll see about that "sick amounts of money" thing. :heh:

-------
* err, a jackpot prize, not the $100 I won last week.....