"These go to eleven..."

Interesting announcement. I wonder why, after all the talk of "talent thinning" or whatever you want to deem it you'd decide to go to 12 bands. I'm not complaining, so to speak, I was just under the impression that there were slim pickings for bands that really fit the PP formula, unless that formula has changed. Devils Advocate aside, I like it. 12 bands. More chance to see Elvenking take the stage :D

Getting WAY ahead of ourselves, does this figure to be the new norm? or just a one off?

Damn I will HAVE to bring my wheelchair next year, and also a pair of orthopedic shoes. I must also take my geritol earlier in the day, for you youngsters GERITOL was the first enery drink made for us yoda age group people.

I just hope I can afford it next year. Glenn already said he was going to adjust prices due to rising costs which will increase a lot by the addition of the two new bands.

Interesting announcement. I wonder why, after all the talk of "talent thinning" or whatever you want to deem it you'd decide to go to 12 bands. I'm not complaining, so to speak, I was just under the impression that there were slim pickings for bands that really fit the PP formula, unless that formula has changed. Devils Advocate aside, I like it. 12 bands. More chance to see Elvenking take the stage :D

Getting WAY ahead of ourselves, does this figure to be the new norm? or just a one off?

There are tons of bands worthy of the festival. The only "thinning" I have spoke of is for the pure headliners. Repeats are going to be inevitable until someone steps up.

As for the "norm," dunno.

Damn! Two more bands for only an extra five bucks! That's one hell of a deal!

I was thinking the same thing. $5 increase is nothing considering the plane tickets and hotel rooms.

Yet again, Glenn pulls out all the stops! (p.s. Anyone get the reference?) :)

Seriously - this festival gets better and better. I just hope that the close hotel rooms won't all be booked within hours of the announced dates. I just wish the MARTA stayed open later at night. :rolleyes:

This is an interesting decision, particularly since NEARFest has gone the other direction. (from 10 bands, to 8 bands and 2 "solo spotlights", now to 8 bands for next year)

Jason