This Classic is 19 years old today!

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
iron-maiden-the-x-factor-1995-front-cover-17285.jpg

Top 5 Maiden release for me. Their best since POM in 1983 :kickass: Nothing the band has done since has yet to top it.

It has some good songs on it but the sound is dull as dishwater. IMO every album since Bruce came back is better than this. If anything I like Virtual XI a bit more than this album. I mean The Clansman is such an awesome song and better than any song on TXF.

this album was bad when it came out and hasn't gotten any better over the almost 2 decades...

I quite like this album to be honest, its definitely not a classic though. Worst thing about the album is the production, horrendous.

Love it. Sign of the cross, Edge of Darkness, Lord of the Flies, Look for the Truth, every other song? This album is great.

When I first listened to this album, I was horrified; this was a far cry from the Maiden I'd gotten used to. However, as time went by, the album really grew on me, to the point where I actually like it a lot. I won't go so far as to say it's a classic, but it's definitely a solid release. "Lord of the Flies" and "Judgment of Heaven" are probably my favorite tracks.

I quite like this album to be honest, its definitely not a classic though. Worst thing about the album is the production, horrendous.

Yea, I like this album more than most. But honestly, where it does succeed, it is in spite of Blaze's voice not because of it (just listen to the live versions of some of these songs with Dickinson). Also the production and filler songs drag it down too.

And let us not speak of the sonic abortion that was Virtual XI

Oh Yeah :kickass: :headbang:

Can't wait for Blaze's Canadian tour to begin. It's supposed to be half Maiden & half solo.

Blaze is so much better on these records than people give him credit for. It's really not the songwriting because these are really close to Iron Maiden's current albums, just without Bruce.

Since they've used up the 80's, lets hope the inevitable 90's tour will use some great songs from this album. Maybe a remastered version to fix the production and add some bonus songs?

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uFFt5OqBnw8[/ame]

Justice of the Peace

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8baSkZ4Wbs[/ame]

I Live My Own Way

Yea, I like this album more than most. But honestly, where it does succeed, it is in spite of Blaze's voice not because of it (just listen to the live versions of some of these songs with Dickinson). Also the production and filler songs drag it down too.

And let us not speak of the sonic abortion that was Virtual XI

Yeah the live versions with Bruce are great

Last edited by a moderator:
I've often thought that if people would judge this release and Virtual XI on their own merits they would see them for what they are.... Brilliant!!! Blaze was different and these albums stand out because of that fact. Up the irons!!!