"This is one of the stronger releases seen so far in 2011"

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
"Beneath the haunting cover artwork by Travis Smith, What I’ve Become is a very impressive album that incorporates elements of traditional, power, thrash and progressive metal. The guitar riffs are both blisteringly fast and surgically precise, and are paired with rhythms that are almost doom-like in their heaviness."

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2011/core-device-what-i’ve-become/

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely going to be in the running for best of 2011 if the rest of the album is as good as "What I've Become"

What's so special about it? Am I missing something?

If it can't be seen then there is not much need to point it out. But there is a religious them behind it that I think fits with the album content.
The piece came out pretty exact to how I wanted it, I was surprised that Travis was able to do that actually. And if one picks up on everything tied into the piece will yeah it is pretty unique, will the exception of maybe one other band I can think of. Though that was not the influence, my interest in the subject matter and it's correlation with the songs made it work.
But hey, one takes what they will from it.:Smokedev:

These will be shipping out next week and PRE-ORDERs will end at the introductory price. So order now and take advantage.

handhcoredevicepreview.jpg

www.soundsofpurgatory.com