Thoten?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Just curious if anyone out there has heard of this Brazilian band? This is most likely the only forum that would have heard them, and would appreciate them, so I ask you all! Their debut album is titled (I believe) "Beyond the Tomorrow" and musically they are a healthy mix of Warning-era Queensryche and some (notice I said some) of the technical mastery of Dream Theatre, with a dash of Angra thrown in for flavoring. I don't know about downloads or anything like that (I bought the cd on a whim), but it's pretty damn good. Anyone that's heard it, what do you think?

Never heard of them myself.

And this forum normally takes 2-3 days for responses. You should post in the ultimate metal forum for instant responses - that's where everyone is every miunte of the day....

Actually I have heard of them only becuase the publicist from PHD Ltd has really been pushing them hard in Canada. They've gotten some good reviews from what I've seen.

BTW-The strong Angra influence could be due in part to the fact the disc was produced by Angra Guitarist Kiko Loriero.

The guys posted on the PerpetualMotion board before the disk was out. Many downloaded the tunes and were as uninmpressed as I was by the music. The reviews I've seen in the european press have been poor. Despite Kiko's involvement, I won't be picking up a copy of the disk.

I saw them opening for Savatage in Rio de Janeiro in 98.. Pretty good Singer, but I don't like the band that much...

He will release his solo CD soon, and it should be good! There are going to be quite a few guests such as Michael Kiske and Ralf Sheepers....