Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Quite an evolution in just four albums.

In Times Before the Light - Dissection-style straight BM
Nexus Polaris - Dimmu Borgir/Arcturus style BM with spacey elements
Animatronic - Rammsteinish BM
SETI - Electro Industrial

Nonetheless they're one of my favorite bands despite the criticism they've recieved for such a rapid evolution. I think that each of their albums are great despite the rapid changes in style.

So what are your thoughts on these guys?

Also, does anyone know when Aria Galactica will be coming out? (their next album)

I will give that they are different compared to traditional black metal. I was kinda put off when I found out some of the members are from Dimmu borgir and Cradle of filth.

"Chariots of Fire" was one of the first metal songs I heard, and I thought it was great for a couple of months. (6+ years ago)

That's really all I know about them though.

I like em. Animatronic is prolly my favorite, but S.E.T.I. has better songs, just more inconsistent and has boring filler. And their female vocalist fucking sucks.

But yeah, one of my favorite bands. As long as I don't have to look at pictures of them.

Nexus Polaris is another Sverd masterpiece as Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors is.
Nexus got many excellent synth parts just as Sham mirrors have. You hear that the same man is behind the songs. So if you love Arcturus you'll enjoy Nexus as well. New Kovenant is shit though.....

I've heard that their new album will be more guitar oriented and less synthy. At least Animatronic had solos. SETI had no solos, the easiest guitar-play imaginable and drowned in synths.

Still wondering when the new album is coming out.

Death Animal said:
Nexus Polaris- was good

indeed their finest work to date, most beautiful album cover I've ever laid eyes upon:

nexus-polaris.jpg

Erik said:
shit band but the first album was cool as far as norwegian synth pop goes

you must be referring to In Times Before the Light. That was actually re-recorded with more synths and released between Animatronic and SETI.

The original In Times... is a straight BM album with a few keyboards, very hard to find the original.

The original had this cover and their original band name:

Covenant_-_in_times_before_the_light_(alex_kurlagik).jpg

The re-recorded album has this cover:

0208_kov_int.jpg