thoughts on The Kovenant

Wait? Let me get this straight, most avant-garde bands sound the same?

I fail to see how this is, since Fantomas sound nothing like Solefald, who sound nothing like Peccatum, who sound nothing like maudlin of the Well, who sound nothing like Arcturus, who sound nothing like Ulver.

Since when The Covenant play Avant-garde? :lol:

And also, look how many Avant-garde bands and how many classical metal/black/death/whatever bands are out of there, it isn´t easy to play this genre...even 6 year old kid could play in blakc metal band.

Fredy_Brown said:
No, I didn´t say that. Most people here listen to music with electronic elements? I don´t think so...or those elements are hust very very tiny.

I listen to so much music with electronic elements it would blow your fucking mind. You seriously can't conclude from people not liking The Kovenant that they are "scared of progress" and blah blah blah. I don't see how cheesy crap like The Kovenant is any kind of musical progress (which is a completely subjective term anyway).

Well, I wasn´t refering to you...just in general....lot of metalheads hate electro elements and this thread is just another example, I mean, how the hell can someone say that their best work is the oldest? They improved like musicinas, the sound is better and everything...and people say the same about every band that took new directioon radically in many cases. You may be an exception. People may not like the band or even the enre, but that does´t make a band or genre bad.

Sorry, but I would say this: FUCK RETRO.

How can someone say that their early work was their best?

It isn't that hard considering that Nexus Polaris is about 10x better than anything they have ever done.

Fredy_Brown said:
how the hell can someone say that their best work is the oldest? They improved like musicinas, the sound is better and everything

because people like music for different reasons than you, you ignorant fucking knob! :lol:

Ex-cally-boo said:
How can someone say that their early work was their best?

It isn't that hard considering that Nexus Polaris is about 10x better than anything they have ever done.

Err... dude... Nexus Polaris is their second album, thus I would qualify it as their early works, considering the fact that they have two subsequent albums (Animatronic,SETI) and a rerelease/recording of their first album.

As far as what dictates better music, it is idiocy to say that technicality/production are the only factors that make music better. Most pop bands, hip-hop, country, and trance bands have a lot better production than the majority of metal bands, and they are not better. Most jazz, fusion, and funk bands have a signifcantly higher degree of technicality than most metal bands, but that doesn't make it better.

What makes music better is the perception of the person who is listening to it. I would say that In the Nightside Eclipse by Emperor, while less tecnhical and horribly produced, is a far superior album than IX Equilbirium by the same band.

Fredy_Brown said:
Yeah, sure, but that doesn´t make music better. The only universal criterion is technical quality/production....purpose is second, not first.

*sniff, sniff*

Can I smell bullshit ?

ALSO GUYS CAN YOU NAME SOME BANDS THAT SOUND LIKE ANIMATRONIK

Haha, I spelled it with a k. Anyways, anything that sounds like it? ...And Oceans sorta, but it's not 'bleep bloop electro fag' enough.

Hmhm, is this Transcending Bizarre? anything like Animatronic? If so, is it good? If not, what else would be like Animatronic?