THRESHOLD: For The Journey

This band just can't let me down.

"For The Journey" doesn't seem to be a jaw dropping album from the first listen like "March Of Progress", but it's so fucking cohesive and so full of beautiful melodies that you just surrender to its music and enjoy the journey.

Just finished my first time through the promo. Seems a bit melancholy overall to me. March of Progress hooked me right away, this one will take more time. Turned to Dust is the killer track here. Watchtower on the Moon was a great choice for the opening track as well.

Its an okay song, nothing new there. Count me in with those who liked Mac over Damien, I am just glad they are still doing there thing. Great band!

Bear

I'd love to see them make their return to PPUSA. I don't necessarily think they should be headliners, but I could easily see them as the next to last band, especially if they do Wounded Land in its entirety. (Hypothetical or Subsurface would be my preference, but it's only fitting that they break out the signature Damien album for this festival).

THRESHOLD - FOR THE JOURNEY TRACK-BY-TRACK TRAILER PART 2 STREAMING

Watch as Damian and Richard discuss the tracks “Lost In Your Memory”, “Autumn Red”, “The Mystery Show” and “Siren Sky”:

Learn how the band came up with the music and lyrics for the tracks “Watchtower On The Moon”, “Unforgiven”, “The Box" and "Turned To Dust”, below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while since I listened to this, but I remember distinctly feeling that it was a very "safe" album - a victory lap after March Of Progress, if you will. Similar to Serenity's War Of Ages in that respect. However, just as I love everything that Serenity pushes out, so it is with Threshold. Everything feels slightly more subdued to me, but it's still a very good album.

Been a while since I listened to this, but I remember distinctly feeling that it was a very "safe" album - a victory lap after March Of Progress, if you will. Similar to Serenity's War Of Ages in that respect. However, just as I love everything that Serenity pushes out, so it is with Threshold. Everything feels slightly more subdued to me, but it's still a very good album.
I think I can hear what you mean. The songwriting on March of Progress does seem more adventurous by comparison, at least upon my first listen of For the Journey. But there's some really beautiful sections on the new album, and now that I'm listening a second time I'm sure I'm going to appreciate it more and more with each listen. I can't wait to get the physical package in front of me and dig into the lyrics while listening, which is an area I feel they consistently outshine most of their peers.

So it's not in the cards for next year as I was hoping, but I do hope Glenn considers bringing them back to the fest again. Here's to hoping for many more years and many more chances for that post-2015.

- Chris

This album is very similar to the previous one. It took me a few listens, but now I really love it and think it's another killer Threshold album.