Threshold: March Of Progress

Finally picked this one up (not sure what took me so long...) - loving it! A continuation (for me) of consistently good Prog Metal.

One tune in particular jumped out at me - The Hours. Anyone else think that this one could have been written by Andrew Lloyd Webber :) ?

Don't Look Down is my favorite. I FREAKING LOVE this disc. I was nervous about Mr. Wilson, but I'm totally satisfied with how the songs really fit him. Nothing feels forced. I really enjoy some of the more simple, but creative melodies like in Don't Look Down (that chorus is awesome) also Return of the Thought Police, and Rubicon. Damn fine one here.

Finally picked this one up (not sure what took me so long...) - loving it! A continuation (for me) of consistently good Prog Metal.

One tune in particular jumped out at me - The Hours. Anyone else think that this one could have been written by Andrew Lloyd Webber :) ?

I've been hesitating too. I need to order the damn thing.

Don't Look Down is my favorite. I FREAKING LOVE this disc. I was nervous about Mr. Wilson, but I'm totally satisfied with how the songs really fit him. Nothing feels forced. I really enjoy some of the more simple, but creative melodies like in Don't Look Down (that chorus is awesome) also Return of the Thought Police, and Rubicon. Damn fine one here.

+1 on being nervous about Wilson. I thought he did a great job considering it isn't Mac. Great disc, I'm really glad I picked it up.

Its a fuckin solid album, I wasnt to keen on it at the first listen, but I gave it a good listen on a 40 min drive, cranked of course, and it was alot of fun.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/192492

Over the course of the THRESHOLD recent fan video contest, fans had the chance to shoot their own music video for the song 'Staring At The Sun', taken from the band’s latest progressive metal opus March Of Progress. The winner, whose contribution can from now on be considered the OFFICIAL video clip for 'Staring At The Sun' is Achim Bieler from Southern Germany. Check out his creation below:

Keyboardist Richard West comments: “Congratulations to Achim and his team! They created a great movie with beautiful cinematography and a storyline that was both abstract and engaging. We really enjoyed this video!”

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it!!!! In only two spins, I can tell you it is in my Top 10 for 2012. The tracks that stood out for me, thus far, were "Don't Look Down", "Rubicon" and the Pete Morten penned "Divinity". The last should have just been put on the album, but hey, I'll take the bonus track.

Damien Wilson sounded good on this album and, IMO, channeled a little bit of Mac.
He seemed to have sounded "smoother".

THRESHOLD - Making Of 'Staring At The Sun' Video Posted

... Since winning the competition, Threshold and Achim conceived a plan to shoot additional footage in order to edit a new, even more impressive version of the video. For this, vocalist Damian Wilson met Achim and his crew in South Germany to record the new footage. The magnificent outcome – the new, official video clip for 'Staring At The Sun' – can be seen below:

But it doesn’t stop here... Achim also edited a highly entertaining “making of 'Staring At The Sun'” video that lets us take a look behind the scenes of the set and grants us detailed insight on the post production works. Check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
...but I recently picked up their first two discs at a local CD store. I was stunned after hearing how heavy those early discs were! Basically, I'm slowly getting into this band, so I'll eventually check out this latest effort.

~Brian~

I have to add a followup since my previous comment.

This album continues to get better and better with each listen. Tons of melodies and the songwriting is just fantastic. I love all the different singers that Threshold has had but find that Damian really puts together some unique vocal work when working with Threshold. Can't say enough about this one.

I have to add a followup since my previous comment.

This album continues to get better and better with each listen. Tons of melodies and the songwriting is just fantastic. I love all the different singers that Threshold has had but find that Damian really puts together some unique vocal work when working with Threshold. Can't say enough about this one.

I still miss Mac's vocals (the Mac era is my fave), but you're right, this album is excellent, with great songwriting, and Damian's performance is outstanding, even though he'll never be my fave singer. Great disc overall.
Fave tracks: The Hours, Ashes, That's Why We Come.

This one grew on me. I thought it was just okay for the first couple listens - I like Andrew's voice more than I like Damian's as a rule when it comes to Threshold, but I found myself going back to it a number of times over the last few months.

I still hate Psychedelicatessen, though.