Throwing another bone...

Sabaton wouldn't shock me. However, their career seems to have plateaued since the release of their last disc. It seemed to generate zero heat.

Evergrey would be my guess. They are Glenn's boys and they should have a new disc out by then.

Sabaton wouldn't shock me. However, their career seems to have plateaued since the release of their last disc. It seemed to generate zero heat.

Evergrey would be my guess. They are Glenn's boys and they should have a new disc out by then.

I agree about Sabaton. Once a really good band now have suffered from releasing the same disc over and over. Even with thier "metal" lyrics joke song on them. Still a good band but they bore me quickly as of late.

Evergrey would be my guess.
That was my first thought too. Looking back at the history, I see 6 bands that look the most likely for various reasons (in no order):
1) Evergrey
2) Symphony X
3) Redemption
4) Sabaton
5) Nightwish
6) Vanden Plas

Each of them also has some reasons I could see it not being them. Jag Panzer and Manticora would be my second tier of guesses with Manticora being the more likely of those two.

I'd be extremely stoked to see Jag Panzer and also excited for Manticora. It took me a long time to get into Manticora but nowadays I'm totally on board.

I agree with Sabaton coming back. However...

Sabaton IS NOT HEADLINER MATERIAL!

Seriously, are you guys insane?!?

If Glenn sign them as a headliner next year, I'll bite my tongue. But I don't care what anyone says, they're NOT headliner caliber. I love the band, but they're just not there yet! They're not at that level just yet.

My guesses on who may be returning?

Sabaton (NOT as a headliner)
Evergrey
Angra
Vanden Plas

I'd give anything to see Vanden Plas play in the States again, but not getting my hopes up. Nightwish will have a new album out and since they can now nearly sell out the Nokia in Times Square, it's obvious they would certainly draw, but they also appear to be hard to schedule over here. Now Devin...there's an idea.

Hahahaha, with the capitalization of SUCKS, it took me a while to get it!!!

I swear this is not me, BTW, though I do truly agree that ANGRA sucks. :D

I will admit that, although a fairly possible suspect, I did not for a split second think it would be you. The moment I saw "AngraSUCKS", I figured it would probably be Glenn editing a post and giving me some crap. :lol:

I am curious though, Jason. What exactly don't you like about them? By no means am I trying to convert you and make you a fan of the band. I am just curious as to how much you've heard of the band, considering they have a fairly varied discography.

Plus, I was just thinking... People seem to really like my nickname. We've had AngraROX, AngraROCKS and now AngraSUCKS register after I joined the UM forum. I almost think it's time for a change. :lol:

I had a thought today (before I saw this thread) that a BG announcement during the video would make the crowd go nuts. I would be part of that noise too.