Tiago Della Vega, the fastest guitar player in the world

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.guitarflame.com/2008/tia...guitar-player-in-the-world-world-record-2008/

"I know that playing really fast is not quite related to music, even if Symphony X or Malmsteen fans will contradict me, but this guy here,Tiago Della Vega, deserves mentioning here since he plays really (and I mean really, really) fast. I have posted here some time ago something about a guy that said he is the fastest guitar player in the world, but what he did was actually playing with his right hand only, not not actually playing the guitar.
Tiago Della Vega here plays a song at the fastest tempo I have ever seen so far, 320 bps, to a point where it seems he doesn’t actually play anymore, but just move his left hand over the frets.
The fact is that it is quite annoying and really is not music anymore, but for the sake of the record, you just have to listen it till the end. So, without any more comments, I give you Tiago Della Vega, the fastest guitar player in the world…"

:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty damn impressive. I didn't know that guy was in Burning In Hell. I've got the believe album, but was not overly impressed with it. The songwriting was lackluster, but I'll have to dig it out and listen for some cool guitar nuggets.

It's impressive that he's trained his body to be able to do that... but only for about 10 seconds. After that, it's quite silly and not unlike any other bizarre talent a Gong Show contestants cultivates.

All of this stuff got old fifteen minutes after Yngwie first started doing it. It's got its place in a guitar player's repertoire, but doesn't interest me when it's their primary means of expression.

Zod

This video has been overdubbed after the fact. If you do a search you can find a video that someone in the audience posted from their video camera. While he is playing that fast, the un-overdubbed version is much sloppier and less impressive.

Although admittedly he plays that run fast, it´s missing a few notes to actually be called the Flight of the Bumblebee. I seem to remember the original composition of the song being consisted of more than a continuous pattern of 4 descending notes over and over. I think Petrucci got closer to the original in the live shows back in 1998 or something, although he wasn´t playing it at 320 beats per minute. Don't know if anybody could do that unless they had protools :p