TNT

TychoCelchu

Sep 28, 2004
Boston MA
I'm listening to Intuition right now and having a blast. It just puts a smile on my face. I know some will say TNT without Harnell isn't TNT enough. Are they close enough to the ProgPower audience taste that they would be a draw for fest attendees? Not that I would realistically expect them to ever be there, but could they be considered? I think it would be pretty cool. How often do they play in the US these days? Ever?

That's interesting, I've been listening to TELL NO TALES a lot lately, great album. I haven't seen
U.S. tour dates for them in ages, glad I was able to see 'em back in '87 in their prime...

There last cd with the new singer is terrible!!! The last few with Harnell were really good. I wouldn't want to see them without Harnell, I would though like to see Starbreaker at a future PP.

TNT is great. Would go to see or support TNT w/ Harnell at progpower. Last CD w/ new singer was a big disappointment. Saw them back in the day w/ Loudness and Stryper on the 'To Hell w/ the Devil' tour and TNT was supporting 'Tell No Tales'. What a great show.

Any of the side projects by Harnell would be supported for PP and make all wonder what the set list would include. Maybe a set list w/ new material on main stage and pre-party w/ an accoustic set w/ TNT stuff...... Hey Glen what do you think?

I'll probably be the lone voice-in-the-wilderness on this one: I really like The New Territory. I like it much more than Firefly, Transistor and maybe even more than Realized Fantasies. I don't know if they'd be right for ProgPower, but I'd love to see them nonetheless!

TNT isn't TNT w/out Harnell... I was fortunate enough to see them in Dallas on the Intuition tour back in the day and it was an amazing show. I haven't heard anything from TNT recently that interests me - check out the samples on the TNT website from the new album. That "Tango Girl" song is horrid.

As to the suggestion above about having Starbreaker perform... I'd LOVE to see that! +1

Edited to add: I just noticed that Tony Mills isn't the only new member of TNT. I finally found out what happened to Victor Borge:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love TNT, probably one of the few people that Love Transistor and Firefly... My Religion wasn't bad, but for me, not as good as the prior two... And never got to see them live - bummer...

It'd be interesting to see Starbreaker live...

I was also big into Morning Wood (that disc is a little jewel for me) and especially Westworld - all three of those discs were flat out kick ass..

TNT isn't TNT w/out Harnell... I was fortunate enough to see them in Dallas on the Intuition tour back in the day and it was an amazing show. I haven't heard anything from TNT recently that interests me - check out the samples on the TNT website from the new album. That "Tango Girl" song is horrid.

I was at that Dallas show as well, can't remember the name of the place, I traveled from Waco to see it - great concert!!!

I was at that Dallas show as well, can't remember the name of the place, I traveled from Waco to see it - great concert!!!

How cool... I might have been sitting right next to you and didn't know it! :lol:

I was trying to remember the name of the venue as well - I'm actually not sure if the place is still in business. Deep Ellum has gone through many changes over the years and not all for the better.

LOVE this band. Saw that same tour with Stryper & Loudness that was mentioned earlier. Knightos of the Thunder and Tell No Tales are classics that get lots of mileage from me.

I think Harnell along with Rob Rock are two of the most underrated vocalists on metal. Both can seriuosly bring it live :worship:

How cool... I might have been sitting right next to you and didn't know it! :lol:

I was trying to remember the name of the venue as well - I'm actually not sure if the place is still in business. Deep Ellum has gone through many changes over the years and not all for the better.

I emailed an old friend I went to the show with and he thought it was either
Charlie's or On The Rocks, either of those sound right? I remember On The Rocks back in Houston, those were the days...:kickass:

I just broke out Realized Fantasies for the first time in years and have it in the car

Holy &*#$^%@# does that album still hold up

what a GREAT disc
:headbang:

I emailed an old friend I went to the show with and he thought it was either
Charlie's or On The Rocks, either of those sound right? I remember On The Rocks back in Houston, those were the days...:kickass:

The place I remember was called Deep Ellum Live (although it went by several names during its lifetime) and it closed in 2004.

The place I remember was called Deep Ellum Live (although it went by several names during its lifetime) and it closed in 2004.

Might have been, it's all foggy to me at this point *heh* I remember my bar bill was pretty hefty!!! I do recall having to drive around awhile to find it as I was not at all familiar with the area, that was Pantera's old stomping grounds wasn't it? Good times...