Today is the Day

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I just happened upon a copy of Today is the Day's In the Eyes of God, and my god, what a heavy powerful, caustic even, band. I dont know if I have ever heard anything more truly pissed off in a while. The hate is seething from them emotionally- and their singer Steve Austin. Most death, grind, hardcore etc. bands that are pissed off, cannot truly convey their passion for being pissed off so well in music.

In The Eyes of God is great. The drums, ahh, the drums are amazing on that recording! I love Today is the Day. You must now pick up Sadness Will Prevail, you'll find it quite a change from In The Eyes of God. Quite a change, but amazing as well.

speed said:
I just happened upon a copy of Today is the Day's In the Eyes of God, and my god, what a heavy powerful, caustic even, band. I dont know if I have ever heard anything more truly pissed off in a while. The hate is seething from them emotionally- and their singer Steve Austin. Most death, grind, hardcore etc. bands that are pissed off, cannot truly convey their passion for being pissed off so well in music.

yes they are fucking angry and maybe the best ate expressing their anger aswell!! You should chech out Willpower!!! It's even better!!!! Damn what a record! I wish I had it original and not on the computer 'cause it is truly brilliant!!!!
The vocals and the weirdness of this band is something unique!!!

Today Is The Day has a bizzare quality to their music that I just can't explain. The only other band that I've had this problem with is Acid Bath. Today Is The Day are amazing regardless. My personal favorite is Temple of the Morning Star, with In The Eyes of God coming in at a close second.

What type(s) of music do they play, and who would you compare them to musically?

To the above, they dont compare to anyone really.

TiTD is one of my favorite bands. Steve Austin is a crazy fucker and yes, he has a great knack for expressing his anger and hate exceptionally well. Too bad Bran Dailor isnt with the band anymore, but their new drummer is pretty damn good as well. Sadness Will Prevail is the most surreal and purely fucked up album I have ever heard.

Today is the Day is far angrier than any hardcore band, black metal or death metal.

Most of the people that say TitD sucks, simply can't handle the sheer furosity of the music.

Dreamlord said:
Most of the people that say TitD sucks, simply can't handle the sheer furosity of the music.
I have to agree with this, they are definitely not for everyone. I only have Sadness Will Prevail, and it is incredible. Very angry and very disturbing.

Well I don't listen to music simply to see if it's really angry or not. However, I'll give it a shot anyway.