Top 20 thrash for 2010

Actually, contrary to popular belief, namedropping can be pretty resourceful. This is a perfect instance because I A) have no idea who most of those bands are and B) trust your musical opinion by and large and will now check those bands out.

Hate Suicidal Angels though. Always struck me as German labels trying to sign their own Warbringer (aka a generic retro thrash band that can tour extensively).

Vektor is a lot like Voivod. Korgull is Fenriz approved! Sauron is blackened thrash stuff. Nekromantheon is the guys from Obliteration doing thrash. Children of Technology has a lot of punk stuff going on. Italian band. Witchaven is blackened thrash. Pretty good stuff.

did someone say shameful self promotion?

this is naturally on my list of top thrash albums of 2010. beer, their practice space and plenty of galloping riffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
ares_kingdom.jpg

Hellish%20Crossfire%20Bloodrust%20Scythe%20cd.jpg

The Suicidal Angels album is excellent and highly recommend, especially to Slayer fans

If you guys like Slayer you should check out Demiricous. They can be more Slayer than Slayer.

Flots 'til death! That ended up being my favorite album of last year period. If it had come out in the early 90's it'd be a classic.

Also love that Suicidal Angels vid! Great song!

I try to be a reasonable...... "to each his own" type of guy, but Havok is going to be the next thrash superpower. They are on a little different level with guitar interplay, and just being tight and technical. I enjoyed some of the songs posted, and am a longtime fan of Death Angel, FaJ etc. but if these guys can progress a little bit (realize this is a young band) they are going to be unreal. They are already monsters..........
Now for the "unreasonable" part....... if ya'll can't hear what I am talking about with these two clips, I think you need to run down to the store and get some Q-tips. These guys are fucking machines disguised as a young thrash band. This is a 2009 release though. I didn't discover them until last year though. Turn it up loud my friends !!!!

Bryant

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhXI-nedtzc&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Havok is a fantastic band. Bryant, you should also check out Lazarus A.D. which is another young band whose 2nd album is about to drop.

Hey all,
So, I lurk a lot but pretty new to writing on threads...hoping to get rid of that lurking habit. And always been a power / prog fan myself but absolutely falling in love with thrash lately. I've got about 5 of those 20 albums, listened to songs from about 8 total and will definitely check out the rest. So much new music!

Anyway. From Florida and in St. Pete on the Blind Guardian tour there was a show called PowerFest II with about 7 bands.

One of the bands that only played there is called Great Awakening and they're from Central Florida. IMO, they seriously kick ass for their age -- these kids are like 20 years old or something. Absolutely rocked Painkiller live too.

Check out a song or two from their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/greatawakeningfl

...I've tried to find videos on YouTube, but they've really got nothing yet. A few crappy quality live videos (i.e. sound isn't the best).

Whaddya all think? I'm thinking major potential. They were def one of my favs that night in St. Pete. Live, they were some serious fun.