Top Albums of the Year (to date)

LucioArgento

Make Love, Not Peace
Apr 2, 2002
1 Hate Pit Avenue
If you have to make a top ten list by December 31st '02, is there anything you've heard so far this year that will almost certainly make that list?

I'll go with these so far:

Blind Guardian - Night at the Opera
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos

Winds-Symmetry of The I(or whatever the title is, I forget)
Arcturus-The Sham Mirrors
The Crown-Crowned In Terror
Cannibal Corpse-Gore Obsessed
Decapitated-Nihility
Down-Down II
King Diamond-Abigail 2

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
The Crown - Crowned In Terror
Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin
King Diamond - Abigail 2
I think only Arcturus, Dream Theater and maybe Soilwork will still be on the list at the end of this year. Arcturus will probably still be number one. Can´t see anyone - not even Opeth - match The Sham Mirrors.

from what ive heard of the new origin record, 2 songs, thats gonna get my vote, im not really sure otherwise though, cos i dont have any money now to buy cds ,, the only stuff i hear is what i get sent to review ..

favourite stuff so far
unsanctum ep
my cross to bare new ep
visceral bleeding album

i think that at the end of the year, i will be saying Origin, Nile, with Meshuggah being top

cant wait cant wait cant wait!!

Immortal-Sons fof Northern Darkness
Down-Down 2
Dream Theater-Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

Can't fucking wait for the new Dying Fetus.It's gonna be killer i tell ya.

Here's my faves so far, but I still have a couple to check out and a couple I haven't heard enough to fully digest:

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Actual Time - Time Frame
Rain Fell Within - Refuge
Archetype - Dawning
Prototype - Trinity
Into Eternity - Dead or Dreaming
Theory in Practice - Colonizing the Sun

It's been a bit crap so far this year. I don't have much new this year, but I'd have to say Gore Obsessed by Cannibal Corpse has been best so far. The also-rans: Viking Crown (takes the piss), Megadeth live (they were always dreadful live), Soilwork (booooring!)

Others have Arch Enemy on their list. I've had it since around September or October last year, so it doesn't count, but would be at the top if it did.

Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin
Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed
Decapitated - Nihility
Kalmah -They Will Return
Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness

.... so far....

I think Hate Eternal´s and Satyricon´s are gonna rock too...

This year has been quite good so far and the best albums in my opinion are

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors (probably it will be the best of the entire year)
Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness
Dead Soul Tribe - Dead Soul Tribe
The Third And The Mortal - Memoirs

I'm also looking forward to the new Opeth albums, the new The Gathering and the new Hagalaz Runedance (it's already been released but haven't got it yet). I think this is going to be a very good year.

I don't think I have any records from 2002 as I mostly collect 60's and 70's stuff. If 2001 is accepted I'd go for Opeth's "Blackwater park" as it's among the 10 best records I have (of all the 1100 records & cd's I have)! Besides that I'll say Thorns' "Thorns", Darkthrone's "Plaguewielder" and Emperor's "Prometheus". Hey wait, I have one record from 2002 and it's Immortal's "Sons of northern darkness". As it's the only one I have from 2002 it automatically qualifies as one of the best of the year, but I wouldn't categorize it as great though, as I've played it 2 or 3 times and it has already begun to tire me. :s

Falconer - Chapters From A Vale Forlorn
Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

But if the new Opeth albums make it out in time, no doubt in my mind that they will blow everything out of the water and back again.