Tora Tora - 2010 Releases!

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Those of us that enjoyed Surpise Attack and Wild America from these Memphis rockers have three releases of previously unreleased material to enjoy! I stumbled on these while surfing Emusic tonight. They're titled Bombs Away, Miss B. Haven, and Before & After. The later being the weakest I have to say. Bombs Away and Miss B. Haven are essential to those of us that like their first two releases though. Here's the link to the Nashville based record company that has released them www.fnarecords.net.

~Brian~

Those of us that enjoyed Surpise Attack and Wild America from these Memphis rockers have three releases of previously unreleased material to enjoy!
Do you own these unreleased discs or just heard the sound samples on the site? If the former, what's the quality of these recordings? I love, love, love those first two discs and the few sound samples I checked sounded strong, but the quality was awful. Not sure if that's the sample or the final product.

Zod

I've been waiting to hear some reviews on these myself. Please let us know how the finished product is....

I've seen these on the "coming soon" tab at Impulse for awhile now.

I've been waiting to hear some reviews on these myself. Please let us know how the finished product is....

I've seen these on the "coming soon" tab at Impulse for awhile now.

Impulse had them in stock for awhile. I decided to pass for now until I hear some it. A lot of unreleased demo stuff I read. I loved their 1st 2 CDs but when I saw them come through town years after those releases I gotta say I've never been so bored at a show.

Do you own these unreleased discs or just heard the sound samples on the site? If the former, what's the quality of these recordings? I love, love, love those first two discs and the few sound samples I checked sounded strong, but the quality was awful. Not sure if that's the sample or the final product.

Zod

Zod,

Bombs Away and Miss B. Haven are unreleased demos from the Surprise Attack and Wild America recordings. They are available to buy at Amazon for sure. As far as the quality of the recordings is concerned, they're demo quality. With that said, they weren't a very "slick" sounding band, which was half their charm. I believe I'm going to go ahead and buy the three pack from the record company itself.

~Brian~

Zod

What he said. :kickass: I was just listening to those albums yesterday.

Another band I liked back in that "era" was Electric Boys. Pretty good funk / hard rock mix and they have a new release coming out this year as well.
http://www.electricboys.com/

i was excited when i first read about these as i thought for sure it would include the third and unreleased album, but no such luck. i will pass on the demos and stick to my original albums :)

i was excited when i first read about these as i thought for sure it would include the third and unreleased album, but no such luck. i will pass on the demos and stick to my original albums :)

Hey Matthew! Off the subject but is there any chance of you contacting and getting the rights to release the 3 Pandemonium (L.A. band) albums - I think they were titled The Kill, Heavy Metal Soldiers and Hole In The Sky. Would love to see those remastered and released on CD. I still have the cassettes of them from back in the day.

Retrospect Records already is planning to release those threee Pandemonium discs on CD with new liner notes, etc. You can see notes on this under the forum either on heavyharmonies.com or Sleazeroxx.com, I don't remember which.

Also FNA Records has release all three early Dirty Looks CDs from before they signed to Atlantic Records.

Also I heard some comments or read them that Tora Tora is working on releasing the third disc proper, but maybe it depends on how these other discs sell, or maybe it was they were still negotiating with a label to go ahead and put them out. Crossing my fingers on that one too.

Good stuff. :headbang: