TSO Spring 2010 tour dates

I'm lookin forward to this!! I've met Al several times (TSO,Savatage and O'2L) and he's always been very friendly. Even sat at a bar at the Hard Rock after a TSO show with him for an hour!! I will always want to hear BELIEVE, but it's not the same without the Mountain King singing it.

Chris :headbang:

WOW! What a show!!!! I enjoyed this much more compared to their holiday show and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were there - I saw a few smattering of empty seats, but mostly a full house. The crowd seemed to enjoy the heavier, instrumental stuff throughout the night. They did give the narrator (Bryan Hicks?) a standing ovation - he put on an unbelievable performance. Very entertaining, engaging, funny, and I hung on his every word. The fellow doing Jon Olivia's part was awesome also - as someone mentioned earlier, he nailed the parts nicely!

A thought I had during the show, and this may seem like a stupid question/comment, but... did Symphony X name the band after the unfinished 10th symphony from Beethoven? I never thought of it before until they kept showing the unfinished symphony as "X Symphony" on the monitors.

By chance, was someone from the board happen to be wearing a Savatage shirt there last night?

Also, to add - as an aside. Ironically, Saturday night, I was actually at the symphony (at the Strathmore music hall in Bethesda) watching a performance of - get this - Beethoven's 7th Symphony by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra! Go figure that I see an actual Beethoven performance, only the next night to go see a rock opera about Beethoven. I guess I am getting pretty Beethoven'ed out by the end of this weekend!

Funny - I saw the Phoenix Symphony perform Beethoven's 6th Symphony exactly a week before I saw the BLN tour in NYC. And then two days after the BLN show, I saw "Jesus Christ Superstar" in AZ -- Paul O'Neill was a guitar player for a touring production of JCS early in his career. :)

The dancing was a distraction IMHO, but the overall show was spectactular.

We actually just had a pretty heated debate about the "dancing girls" over on the Yahoo! Discussion group. :lol: Personally, I'd prefer that the focus be on the *vocal* talent of the ladies in the production.

What a show tonight! I have to say that will probably have to go down as one of the top 5 best shows I've ever seen. Incredible musicians and performances all around and it was good to see it was a sellout, but then again I expected that.

As for the dancers, I didn't find them distracting I just found them to be awful dancers. Haha. I'm surprised with the talent and the resources O'Neil would have, how in the world he got those dancers. Like I said though, it didn't really distract me. They didn't do too much and didn't take away from the musical performance.

The Chicago show was good...very tamed down from the Xmas show, as far as the lights go, but I like the story a lot better. It was a full house, which was good to see and I was also happy to see the majority of the crowd really getting into the heavier tunes. Jeff Scott Soto was amazing as Mephistopheles! Holy crap did he nail those parts.
I usually enjoy the second half of the show better, since they play the more rockin' tunes, but was once again disappointed in the presentation of Prelude and Believe. IMO, they both just needed to be ommited...period. They both were played way too slow and I hate that dude's voice who sang Believe. Two of my favorite Savatage tunes botched!

I found that this crowd "got it" in regards to the music. This group are the actual fans of TSO, rather than the casual fan or only heard about them for the first time.

Al asked the crowd how many of them had been to a TSO concert before and how many had not. Very few had not seen TSO before.

I think I only saw one person who dressed up for the concert. When I've seen them during the Christmas tour I always see a number of people dress up thinking it's a real "orchestra" and not a heavy metal band :lol:

I really enjoyed last night's show in Chicago. Met-Al and I even got interviewed by a reporter from the Chicago Tribune. Or the Daily Herald...I don't recall for certain which one. Al probably does, though.

Jeff Scott Soto was amazing, too. My favorite singer of the night!

I really enjoyed last night's show in Chicago. Met-Al and I even got interviewed by a reporter from the Chicago Tribune. Or the Daily Herald...I don't recall for certain which one. Al probably does, though.

Jeff Scott Soto was amazing, too. My favorite singer of the night!

I think I may have saw you guys then because I noticed one guy with a pad interviewing a couple of fans before the doors opened.

Well, if the dude had long, brown, curly hair, and the girl had mid-length blonde hair and glasses, that'd be us. I was also wearing my 70's-ish brown suede jacket.

Yep. That was definitely you. I was the tallish guy with the Gamma Ray shirt. :lol: Out of curiosity, what did the interviewer ask you?

Yep. That was definitely you. I was the tallish guy with the Gamma Ray shirt. :lol: Out of curiosity, what did the interviewer ask you?

:lol: That's hilarious! Earlier on in the lobby I said to Al "Hey look, that dude is wearing a Gamma Ray shirt!"

The reporter really just wanted to know what we thought the common denominator was in TSO's music that brought so many different kinds of people together in one place. He asked if we were long time fans, what other music we liked, he asked us about our t-shirts (I was wearing a HammerFall shirt, Al was wearing a Heaven and Hell shirt) and took down statements we made about TSO, Savatage, musical theater, and anything else even remotely related to TSO.

:lol: That's hilarious! Earlier on in the lobby I said to Al "Hey look, that dude is wearing a Gamma Ray shirt!"

The reporter really just wanted to know what we thought the common denominator was in TSO's music that brought so many different kinds of people together in one place. He asked if we were long time fans, what other music we liked, he asked us about our t-shirts (I was wearing a HammerFall shirt, Al was wearing a Heaven and Hell shirt) and took down statements we made about TSO, Savatage, musical theater, and anything else even remotely related to TSO.

Damn. Didn't see you guys there. We got into the theater just as Caffery came out with Bird. Talk about great timing.
We were like 8th row center. :headbang:

I have to say, I was not expecting it to be a packed house like it was.
Those guys sure hit the Jackpot with doing TSO, because yeah...the demographic ranges from Age 5 to 75.
They have something for everyone. It's amazing.

What did you end up telling the reporter?

Still trying to decide if I want to cannonball it to Texas to try and see the last show in May. I've been traveling around the country, and kept hoping that I'd intercept one of the shows, or at least striking distance, but it never happened.