Two picks for PP7

dargormudshark

Sep 25, 2003
houston,Tx
www.dreamspaceonline.com
I think it would be a great idea to have Tarot in the second slot(realistically) and not to mention that slot might be an hour this year. Nightwish will be on a break for a while it looks like and I wouldn't be suprised if Tarot wasn't working on a new album while Marko gets a chance to breathe. I also wouldn't be suprised if they would be interested in playing the fest, they have been around since '86 and never played the US to my knowledge. Glenn, snatch these guys while you Marko has a break, to those who havn't heard go to www.wingsofdarkness.net

My second pick (my favorite of the two) is Beyond Twilight. Those who havn't heard or do not know of...www.beyondtwilight.dk . They are a dark prog metal band featuring Kelly (singer) from Outworld, Jorn Lande was the singer on the first album. This would be kind of an oddball, as well as an opening slot (as much as I would love to see them headline the damn show, but ya gotta be realistic)

dargormudshark said:
I think it would be a great idea to have Tarot in the second slot(realistically) and not to mention that slot might be an hour this year. Nightwish will be on a break for a while it looks like and I wouldn't be suprised if Tarot wasn't working on a new album while Marko gets a chance to breathe. I also wouldn't be suprised if they would be interested in playing the fest, they have been around since '86 and never played the US to my knowledge. Glenn, snatch these guys while you Marko has a break, to those who havn't heard go to www.wingsofdarkness.net

I totally agree. Having seen Tarot live 14 times during last 10 years (they're a hometown band heh) I can tell you that they always put up a kickass show. They would totally deserve to play PP, so far during their long career they have pretty much only played here in Finland (quite a few hundred gigs since '86) + a few gigs in Russia and Sweden if I remember right. So pretty much if I could pick one band to play PP, that would be them even if I have seen them so many times before.

When I got back from PP last Monday and met Marco at the airport in Frankfurt I actually talked to him about PP for a sec. I was like "You know you should play PP with Tarot" and he seemed to be interested on it but answered me like "Well, we don't have enough sales in the US to play there". Which is actually the same thing Zachary (the guitarist) said once at the Tarot forum when someone told him the same thing. So I told Marco that when it comes to PP bands US sales isn't what matters.. also he was really happy to hear how I have sent like tens of Tarot CDs and shirts to the US :)

Just like you guessed, he also said that they will be doing a new Tarot album during the NW break. And since the keyboardist and guitarist have more time for Tarot than Marco does these days, they have some song ideas done already. So that should be out sometime next year, can't wait.

For My Pain over Tarot? I like FMP, but I just don't seem them as being better than Tarot live.

I'm all for having Tarot! I simply LOVE their last album - and am glad to see them say they are going to work on a new album.

Tarot +1 for PP7! :)

TAROT that is an awesome choice, and i think it can be done. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OUTWORLD is next or ORDER OF NINE OR LANFEAR anyone of these 3 of the same bill as TAROT OMGGGGG what a night it would be. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Also the NIGHTWISH break may not be as long as first though, maybe a new CD in the fall of 2006 or early spring of 2007. :hotjump:

Petethedrummer said:
How about fucking Tarot AND Twilightning....we can theme next year's Progpower the Finnish Invasion and grab Sonata Arctica and Lullacry and some others too.
We could add MACHINE MEN, AMORPHIS, and make it a EWO @ KING FOO ENTERTAINMENT Festival :hotjump: :worship: :headbang:

Nice to see some support (GLENN I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS) I wouldn't be suprised to see Lanfear as an opener, I'm sure there will be an intromental band this year for sure (or next year for that matter) and Lanfear seems to be wanted quite a bit from forum members (the most devoted of PP attendees imo). as far as the other opening slot (depending on Glenn's format change) would be Savage Circus, i'm sure there will be a big push for them.