U.D.O.

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Any fans for UDO and his solo band?? Anybody out there would like to see him at ProgPower, especially now that we had Accept melt off our face last year? What are your favorite U.D.O. albums?

I would LOVE to see U.D.O. at prog power. Only have last two releases and thier dvd. Will b buying new on soon. Know I need to buy back catalog,but don't know which ones r the better ones. Any help would b appreciated.:headbang:

Any fans for UDO and his solo band?? Anybody out there would like to see him at ProgPower, especially now that we had Accept melt off our face last year? What are your favorite U.D.O. albums?

I like U.D.O. stuff a lot. His latest ones are pretty good, but pretty samey after a while.

My faves are :

Faceless World (1990), his most "polished" album
Holy (1999)
Solid (1997)

Saw U.D.O. last year at Sweden Rock. The Show was pretty amazing. Played for about two hours and did I would say around 6-8 Accept songs. I think they would fit in the showcase or the main fest.

I want to see U.D.O more than any other band at ProgPower. His solo stuff is incredible.!

Used to have U.D.O. on our sponsorship wish list. One of these days, I think Glenn might make it happen.

In regards to the U.D.O. back-catalog: I've always ranked U.D.O. right up there with Overkill. Never compromise and just keep on cranking out material. Obviously, they carve out a living doing what they do. Some are better than others, but you always get some rock-solid metal.

Recommended:
Animal House (basically an Accept album)
Faceless World (Udo stepping up to modern times...at the time)
Holy (seems to be the most overall respected release in his discog)
Man And Machine (just a fun, solid album)
Mastercutor (I liked this album...slam-bang fun)

Hope that helps!

Yeah, I'd love to see 'em live at ProgPower, I'll go with FACELESS WORLD, HOLY and MASTERCUTER as some of my favorites...

I'd like to see them.
The albums are pretty consistant. Animal House, Thunderball, Man and Machine, and Mastercutor are my recommendations.

I think Udo's solo material is better than anything he ever did with Accept. Would love to see him come to town.

Accept was my highlight last year and it would be a dream come true to see U.D.O. at PPUSA. I would be there if he was the only band on the bill I liked.

UDO's releases have all been very consistent. Some are little better than others but there aren't any real duds. Pretty much obn every release you'll find few solid tracks.

His best release IMHO is Timebomb. It's UDO's version of Painkiller - his heaviest by far. Faceless World, Solid and Animal House from older releases. Mastercutor from more recent come to mind