Update: DVD begins shipping today (2/7/07)

Good stuff. Some weird sound issue during Vision Divine's first song. But other than that. Loved it. Glad I got to hear what Zero Hour and Pyramaze sounded like. And its always great to hear how awesome Jens is. I hope he returns sometime soon :)

The DVD just shows how great Thunderstone was. A completely solid band, that has very well written songs. Man I loved watching them.

I'm glad I bought this.

Sweet! Look what just showed up in my mail today! Can't wait to get this on my 55-incher backed up with some serious Klipsch speakers and B&K amplification! This will be just like reliving PP 7 all over again!

Dude - you MUST invite me over to your place to watch it!

I too got it in the pony express mail box. Can't wait to see and hear it!

Like you said - time to relive PP7! :kickass: :headbang:

Mine just came in the mail today..YIPPEE!!

What?

Sweet! Look what just showed up in my mail today! Can't wait to get this on my 55-incher backed up with some serious Klipsch speakers and B&K amplification! This will be just like reliving PP 7 all over again!

No B&K, but it does sound great on Klipsch!

Yeap only 2 minor complaints. The artwork is horrendous, and the shipping wasnt the best.

No problems here. I thought the artwork was exactly what was needed. It really doesn't need anything more. However, I did not like the credits. They're impossible to read. I suspect that is due to LLS trying to fit it onto one sheet, which is understandable.

In the end its money I dont regret spending.

Agreed 100%. I'm trying to figure out if I were to buy a copy for my friend, if it would convince him to finally make the trip.

I'd be interested to hear if Glenn has had any feedback from the bands. Are they happy with the results? Is Glenn happy with the results?

I am. It sounds great, and looks great. The variations in the mix are a minor annoyance. The backing vocals in the Pyramaze set were quite distracting as it sounded like Lance didn't need them at all. I'm now convinced that the singer from Savage Circus was not reading lyrics, but instead looking at the set list. For him to read lyrics on the floor while standing up, they words would have had to have been pretty big. He would have needed more than two sheets. It looked like that's what he was doing, but I don't think it would have been possible.

Watching Thunderstone now. Will post more if I have any additional comments.

BTW, if anybody thought the quality looked iffy on the preview and put off buying it because of that, put in your order now!

<update>The mix on FK is AWESOME! Some bands have a much less optimum mix. Epica's mix really pushes Simone's vocals - which is not a bad thing - but Mark's vocals and all bass is missing. We also got the pause in the sound on Consign To Oblivion in DTS.

This DVD was never intended to show the entire festival. That had already been done.
I guess it threw me off when they were filming everyone for three days.
I did hope to include bonus footage of the festival, but I announced that would not be happening as planned very early on here on the forum in a *sticky* post.
Damn, those sticky notes. I guess I better pay closer attention next time

You are entitled to your disappointment in the dvd and I do not take it as a personal attack. I think you set yourself up for disappointment based on your personal expectations of what you wanted on the dvd, not what was intended all along.
Thanks

what does the artwork look like?

PPDVDCD.jpg

I'm still waiting on mine which is rather disapointing since my two other roomates have already gotten their copies and they ordered months after I did. I did give it a once over on the DVD and so far everything seems okay, the only issue I really noticed is the sound for Circle II Circle, it sounds like they just threw in the CD over the band playing and if you watch very closely the vocals don't match up with Zak, especially on notes he holds out. For the price being charged issues like this is kind of annoying (especially since Circle II Circle was a big selling point for me) but beyond those two things everything else seems cool!

I think the artwork could use some cool concert photographs to spice things up. ;)

Yeah the artwork sucks but I've never really cared about that. Put it in a black case with a handwritten Progpower sticker on it and that's fine by me. I buy CD's and DVD's for the content, not to stare at some pretty picture on a case.

For the price being charged issues like this is kind of annoying (especially since Circle II Circle was a big selling point for me) but beyond those two things everything else seems cool!

Once again, the bands had the option of doing the mix themselves. That is what the difference is in audio levels between bands. Circle II Circle did their own mix so you need to throw stones at them and not Lucid Lounge.

Once again, the bands had the option of doing the mix themselves. That is what the difference is in audio levels between bands. Circle II Circle did their own mix so you need to throw stones at them and not Lucid Lounge.

I haven't seen the DVD, but from what I recall, the Circle II Circle (esp. Zach) show sounded GREAT live and I'm confident that Zach wouldn't have tried lip syncing up on stage. My memory says that they wouldn't have needed to tweak anything, least of all the vocals. Why or how they mixed their songs is anyone's guess.

Theres definately vocal editing in the C2C footage. Either he added sampling, or did voiceovers in spots.

I think "Evermore" is legit, but not "Revelations". I absolutely love that song and have listened to it 100 times, so it's tatooed in my brain. The DVD version sounds to me to be just a straight copy of of the studio version.

Theres definately vocal editing in the C2C footage. Either he added sampling, or did voiceovers in spots.

I saw/heard it on both CIIC tunes. Watched the DVD in full last night.
Obviously, the FK footage alone sold me on this DVD/cd. I did use an objective ear, and still, I really like the overall mix on the FK tunes. Epica's sounded good, but the vox were a little too much out front. These are MINOR complaints, and I have enjoyed the cds & especially the DVD immensely!
J-Dubya

The CIIC was obvious for one reason. When he was carrying out a note, he'd take the mic away from him early during the show, but the audio has it going on for much longer. Whatever. I remember the set, and I remember it being awesome. This happens when you buy live DVDs. Not everything is live <shrug>. Nothing anybody doing this DVD could do anything about (other than initially write it in contract, in which case less bands might have agreed).

The DVD made me enjoy Mercenary's set and Evergrey's set all the more. And Circus Maximus needs to just.... I don't know. Be too huge.