UPDATE: TECHWOOD HOTEL DISCOUNT

Hi everyone,

Alright, the room block has been created:

Your guests will be able call our reservation center at 1-800-321-2211 to reserve their rooms until the cutoff date of September 4, 2008. Tell them you are with ProgPower 9 to recieve the rate.

If you already have a room there, you *might* have to reserve a new room and then cancel your old reservation. I didn't get a straight answer if you are able to call and add yourself to the block rate room.

Wednesday night: 20 rooms remain
Thursday: 50 rooms remain
Friday: 50 rooms remain
Saturday: 50 rooms remain

Cost: $135 for either a double or a single room.

After you book, you don't have to let me know. However, I am really hoping that all rooms will be taken as if they don't fill up, I personally have to pay for unused rooms.

On the other side, if the block rate fills up and you aren't able to get a room at the discounted rate, please let me know ASAP and I'll see if I can either book another block rate or if they will extend it out to others.

Again this is for the TECHWOOD MARRIOT

-Metal

(If the PPUSA Webmasters wants to add this to the "travel info" please feel free.)

I think that covers it. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Again, I appologize that this is taking a bit longer than expected... but I assure you, it is in the works and I'm just kind of waiting for the OK from the hotel to release all the other information. Thank you all for being so patient.

-Metal

No need to apologize! You are definitely going above and beyond in doing this! $135 sounds much better than the nearly $200 me and dmine45 were quoted per night!.

Metal,

You really are something. Thank you for taking on this enormous task!

I have a really dumb question. How close is Techwood to the venue? If it's within a five-minute walk from the venue, Elisabeth and I would like to book a room. Please PM me when the paperwork goes through.

Thanks for your help and hard work!

Bill

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...+NW&2c=ATLANTA&2s=GA&2z=30318-7814&panelbtn=2

This should be door to door directions, but don't forget these are driving directions. You can walk the "wrong" way on Peachtree where the venue is. I stayed there at PPVII and it wasn't a horrible walk.

It is right by the old Chinese Buddah resturant if you know where that is. It looks like it's about 3-4 City blocks from the venue.

-Metal

Here's a question for those familiar with that specific area - is it a safe walk or would people need to walk in groups?

I walked it alone a few times at PPVII, but groups would be safer in any regard. And I don't remember the walk being 20 minutes, but then again, I wasn't wearing a watch.

Don't let the time thing fool you. It's not bad and if there are a group of you staying there a cab ride is only about $20 total. So if you've got 4 people, it's only $5 a pop.

-Metal

It would not be. The Techwood is down the hill from Peachtree and across the interstate. It's about a 20 minute walk.

Thanks, Glenn!

I think the Residence at 11th and Peachtree is plenty close enough for us, and reasonably priced for the suite one gets. Having a well-equipped kitchen with microwave and fridge is a plus. And a 10-12 minute walk from the venue isn't that bad.

We were quite satisfied with our room at the RI this year. In fact, the quality and value of the Residence only added to the enjoyable weekend experience.

So, it sounds like we should stay where we're booked and not consider the Techwood.

Bill

Here's a question for those familiar with that specific area - is it a safe walk or would people need to walk in groups?

It's a pretty safe walk. The hotel is right next to Georgia Tech's College of Management building, Barnes and Nobles, Starbucks, etc. I walk down this street all the time to get to Center Stage and I never feel unsafe before or after dark, even if I'm by myself.