USA v Mexico World Cup Qualifier

matt99_crew

Dec 9, 2003
Surely there are one or two soccer fans around this joint.

The US travels to Mexico and the 110000 seat Azteca Stadium today in the last round of World Cup Qualifiers. They don't need a win, but this is a huge rivalry and we never want to lose to Mexico. Since we knocked them out of the last World Cup finals, they are really pissed and looking for revenge. We've owned Mexico in recent years, but they have only lost one game in Azteca. The game is on today at 1:00ET on ESPN2. Anyone gonna watch?

I'm into soccer but I don't give a shit about the teams you're mentioning. :tickled:

The US team was pretty hot at the 2002 World Cup, I'd have wished they kick Germany out of the competition when they had the chance - I've never seen such a lame team being that close to winning a Championship than Germany back then; it was so depressing watching them advance to the finals thanks to mean victories over unlucky opponents...

Anyway, better luck this time, then! :wave:

i don't normally post here and i'm not into soccer but mexico won 2-1
just thought the thread would be incomplete without the results ;)

both footballs are gay, though the occasional American college football game is quite engrossing. that other football is truly gay, I believe it's called soccer or something.

I thought the US team had a STORMING world cup run in Japan. Fuck, how easily we forget?

That game where they beat Portugal (their opening game) was one of the best games of the entire tournament. What an upset.

And fuck Germany. They were lucky to beat the US.

I actually thought the last world cup was a good one - the Japs and Koreans did a good job.

When it comes to the US, we should just let them play, not host. 1994 was a friggin' disaster.

I tell ya, if Brazil and fucking Germany get easy runs again like they did last time, I'm going to write FIFA a letter of complaint: "CUNTS!".

Brazil's run to the finals in 2002:

Turkey, China, Costa Rica (ooh!), Belgium, England (England goal disallowed), Turkey, Germany final.

What a first round grouping for Brazil that was.

Germany's run to the finals in 2002:

Saudi Arabia, Rep of Ireland, Cameroon, Paraguay, USA, Korea, Brazil finals.

Bollocks.

Hell, those teams brought a lot more to the tournament than Argentina, France and Italy. Odd tournament.

That USA v Portugal game was euphoric.

The only time I will not support the USA is if they play against England.

When they beat Portugal, it was fucking heroic. Moments like that are what make the world cup.

That and David Beckham's winning penalty over the Argentines knocking them out. Lady Justice, how sweet your minge tastes.

JayKeeley said:
The only time I will not support the USA is if they play against England.

When they beat Portugal, it was fucking heroic. Moments like that are what make the world cup.

That and David Beckham's winning penalty over the Argentines knocking them out. Lady Justice, how sweet your minge tastes.
:tickled: