Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth?

vanhalen

Sep 1, 2007
Well just listening the new music. There're a lot of stuff from the late 70's and early 80's (ok yes reworked).Who cares? Good songs with speedy tones ala hot for teacher. Overall I think is a good album and doesn't sound like the Van Hager stuff which I don't like much. Rock and Roll!:kickass:

I'm afraid that my musical tastes stretches in a more non-metal boundary than either of you. Besides, Pelata has to have at least one post per week where he disagrees with me or seizures will commence.

Besides, Pelata has to have at least one post per week where he disagrees with me or seizures will commence.

:lol: What? How often to I directly disagree with you?

Anyway, I love Van Halen (Roth AND Hagar), love tons of non-Metal music (Beatles, U2, indie rock, pop) and that new VH stuff just sounds phoned in and boring to me...makes me sad cuz I wanted to love it.

Have not heard a good part of it but am really liking the major flash back.....I am a sucker for the old Dave Days.

Great review! Thanks for posting Glenn. I for one can't wait for this album. I know a lot of people are bitching that it's old re-hashed songs from the 70's, but as far as I'm concerned the band is entitled to use any piece of their musical history as they see fit. Old or new.

I honestly have been really hesitant on giving this one a try. However, listening to "Stay Frosty" on Youtube has helped as I love it when VH does that acoustic shit. I think DLR sounds better on those types of tunes.

the advanced single really has me hesitant towards this album....

I'm about 50/50 on the album. Some of it is absolutely awesome and some sounds really uninspired. I do think this is better than the new Chickenfoot, which was a big disappointment for me...