Van Halen Reunion Tour Cancelled

BABS

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure some of you already heard this, but I was chompin' at the bit to get in on the presale of the Van Halen show slated for Buffalo. As of yesterday's blabbermouth, the tour has been cancelled.

I'm sure some of you all had wagers going on this (lol).

Incorrect. A few shows were postponed.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92100

VAN HALEN Tour Promoter Issues Statement - Mar. 3, 2008

MTV.com reports that the reunited VAN HALEN have been forced to postpone four upcoming dates of their U.S. tour due to an unspecified medical condition affecting guitarist Eddie Van Halen. A statement issued by tour promoter Live Nation on Monday afternoon (March 3) explained that concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Raleigh, North Carolina, have been postponed and rescheduled for April.

"According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," read the release.

The March 3 show at American Airlines Arena in Dallas has been rescheduled for April 24; the March 5 show at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati has been moved to April 22; the March 7 show at RBC Center in Raleigh was shifted to April 13 and the March 9 show at 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore will now take place April 15, according to Pollstar.

Fans should retain their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled concerts or ticket refunds will be issued at the original point of purchase.

The Live Nation spokesperson said the tour is expected to pick up the previously scheduled dates beginning on March 11 in Charlottesville, Virginia, and, for now, no other dates have been affected.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92086

Ray Waddell of Billboard.com reports: Despite reports to the contrary, sources with VAN HALEN tell Billboard the band's tour is not being canceled, though tonight's (March 3) scheduled show at the American Airlines Center in Dallas has been postponed and rescheduled for March 24.

Three other dates have been postponed for undisclosed reasons. The source says the outing picks up on March 11 in Charlottesville, W.V., and a press release regarding the tour's status will be coming within 24 hours.

Read the entire article at Billboard.com.

Wolfgang was out with him on the last Sammy Hagar fronted VH tour. Eddie was visibly drunk at quite a few shows on that tour.
Sad, so damn sad. I wish Eddie could pull it together and get well. He was one of my first rock heroes. Wasn't he battling lung cancer too?

It's unfortunate that a few shows have been cancelled but the tour is still on! And Eddie had cancer of the tounge, not Lung Cancer.