Van Halen tour dates announced

I guess Billy Ocean turned them down.

Actually though, I love Kool and the gang, but I wouldn't normally pay to see them. So it's kinda cool to see them opening for a band I will lay down money to see.

I guess Billy Ocean turned them down.

LOL

Actually though, I love Kool and the gang, but I wouldn't normally pay to see them. So it's kinda cool to see them opening for a band I will lay down money to see.

That's a good point. For me personally, I'd be willing to spend a small amount to see Van Halen, but they're not exactly going to be playing a $15 show at a local club, heh. But I'm not a big enough fan to be willing to spend the high ticket prices that we'll undoubtedly see on this arena tour.

I'll be at the Phoenix date. I for one am excited to see them and I'm looking forward to the new album. Last time they came in 2007-08 they sounded excellent. It was great to finally hear some of the classic VH songs that I unfortunately never had the opportunity to hear when Roth was first in the band.

Is Van Halen even relevant today, even if they were playing in the school yard across the street from me, I would go to a movie or something. Sorry they lost me years ago when Sammy and Micheal left.

Is Van Halen even relevant today
Let me answer your question with 2 more questions...:D
1. Is Michael Anthony involved?
2. Does David Lee Roth have a voice anymore?

If YES can't be answered to BOTH of those questions then you know the answer to your question :devil::popcorn:

Let me answer your question with 2 more questions...:D
1. Is Michael Anthony involved?
2. Does David Lee Roth have a voice anymore?

If YES can't be answered to BOTH of those questions then you know the answer to your question :devil::popcorn:

The answer is a resounding NO to both questions!

Is Van Halen even relevant today, even if they were playing in the school yard across the street from me, I would go to a movie or something. Sorry they lost me years ago when Sammy and Micheal left.

Hmm, maybe not, but the new cd will probably outsell most of the stuff we listen to. Many would say that the stuff talked about on this board isn't relevant to anyone but us, so I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.
I, for one, am EXTREMELY excited about Van Halen with Roth again....they lost me when Roth left after 1984 (the album, I mean!). Yeah, he's getting old and his voice is kinda shot (let's face it though, he was never much of a singer's singer), but he still rules in my book. They sounded terrific when I saw them on the last tour, so there might be some gas left in the tank.

I will only pay to see Van Halen songs performed if Michael Anthony is on bass. And not because it really matters that much to me who is playing the bass guitar (unless it is some guy off the street).

I'm pretty sure the last tour they did a few years ago sold out in rapid time. People are stupid when it comes to nostalgia.

But yeah, pass.

Couldn't Van Halen find a band that was more of an opener for a rock act? Kool and the Gang is sooo much a stupid choice for a tour like this. Chickenfoot wasn't available? But, then again, do you REALLY want to spend $250 and better to see old men say they are "Hot for Teacher"? Pass.

I'm pretty sure the last tour they did a few years ago sold out in rapid time. People are stupid when it comes to nostalgia.

But yeah, pass.

I for one can attest to how quickly the thing sold out as I worked Ticketmaster the day that show went on sale. It sold out in 30 minutes or less. Okay and yes, I did cheat my way a ticket too. :lol:

I can understand why people may think they're not relevant, but they did put on a great show last time around. Roth isn't the best singer, but he never was and for what he loses in singing ability, he makes up for in showmanship and just plain out being hilarious.

Having said that, while I am tempted due to it being at the United Center which has MUCH better sound than the Allstate, I am going to have to pass on this one.

While I probably won't see them on tour (I have my doubts how much DLR's voice holds up on the road. Not to mention the Verizon Center sucks for seeing a concert.) I am looking forward to the new album. Last time DLR recorded some tracks with VH, they were actually a couple of pretty good songs.

I've never seen them so I would like to see this tour. Nothing against Kool & The Gang, but I think they could've found a better opener.