Vektor - Outer Isolation

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I hardly ever post here, so you need to take this recommendation seriously. Remember when I told you about Negura Bunget, Manes, Gojira, etc.?

I don't know how to insert a Youtube thing, so I'll just post the link. You can get the album at Amazon MP3 or Google Music for $4.99. It is kind of like Death/Voivod. It is thrash, not death metal, but it is played at a level so far above all these other new "thrash" bands, it makes it seem like they are playing something way more progressive than it really is. They're taking the technicallity of Megadeth 'Rust In Peace' and Death's last few and just thrashing the shit out of it. Listening to the whole album will help you realize that a band can actually play this type of music and still create evil atmosphere. I'm getting a boner listening to it right now.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=vektor%20outer%20isolation&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDUQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDUEN6Hkrc9M&ei=opn_Ts6nK_GrsALN9NWhAQ&usg=AFQjCNHGVz6rJ3SXgKqLOR4ilQUsiLAkjg&sig2=RAI-Rf8A70_mPAFD0gux0g

by far the top band in metal right now. No one is playing with such high musicianship, song writing abilities, and such a signature sound.
like I posted in a GMD thread. Vektor might be my favorite band right now. These dudes are for real.

Good to see you Nate! How's teh farm running?
Vektor is terrific. A few hours ago I watched an old Sepultura Video of a show Chaos AD era and told myself "yeah, Vektor belongs right next to these guys", total thrash metal rampage played till exhaustion, awesome musicianship. Listening to bands like these is so invigorating.

They're a good band but i don't like the fact that both of their first two albums sound exactly the same. You could put both albums on shuffle and not know which song came from which. Secondly, they are at their best when focusing on thrash elements and leaving a lot of the prog and technicality out of it. Once they realize this, they'll be a lot better.

yeah this is cool shit

more 2011 albums i need to take into account before making my list :C

2-2012-flyer.png

i'll have to look into this ... the Voivod ripoff logo can only be a good thing.

WTF, AZ gets fucking Toad and Ace High Cutthroats and San Fran gets Absu and LA gets Ex Mortus... this town is using the wrong damn drugs.

And when the hell did that bar pop up. Cannot keep track of the musical venue changes around this city.

WTF, AZ gets fucking Toad and Ace High Cutthroats and San Fran gets Absu and LA gets Ex Mortus... this town is using the wrong damn drugs.

And when the hell did that bar pop up. Cannot keep track of the musical venue changes around this city.

Most tours skip Arizona lately anyway.

hmm, not bad but nothing special tbh.

first minute sounded like Malmsteen on 78rpm, vocals like Atheist and the guitar ... more chirping than crunch for my taste.

but I can appreciate the energy :loco:

Last edited by a moderator: