Vintage KAMELOT 1998 live clip with Roy Khan

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this, Scott! This is really great to see, especially since the band hasn't performed any of this material in about 14 years. "Siege Perilous" is a criminally overlooked album in my book. It might not have the pristine production values of their subsequent albums, but the songs are killer.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I saw them back then at a place I believe was called "Boomers" in Seminole, Florida. Crimson Glory with Wade Black opened.

Yes that is the correct name though they closed down a couple years ago. Saw Mr. Oliva perform there a couple times, as well as Kamelot.

I saw them back then at a place I believe was called "Boomers" in Seminole, Florida.

Might have been the same place I went to. Can't recall the name. Thought it was in Clearwater though. Teri was there, I think. She might even remember the name of the joint. Wasn't too big. About the size of the now defunct Jaxx/Empire.

One memory jumps out at me. I do remember turning on Druid Road and thinking it was funny we were going down Druid Road to see Kamelot. :D

I didn't even know they played shows in the U.S. on The Fourth Legacy tour. I was just 13 at the time. I saw them on The Black Halo tour but would love to have seen them on earlier tours as well. As for Siege Perilous, it might be my 5th favorite Kamelot album. Really underrated album with a lot of great songs (Where I Reign, Providence, The Expedition, Siege, etc).

I didn't even know they played shows in the U.S. on The Fourth Legacy tour.

As I said, I'm not so sure I saw them on a "tour". Those were still early days. Even though I'm quite sure they did some touring, it was not on the same level as what they do today. They did not have the following they have now. When I saw them, they used the house PA and lighting system. Nothing even remotely close to the show they put on these days. However, musically they were great. It was clear that they were gathering momentum, even back then.

^That's amazing! I would love to have seen them play those early masterpieces like The Inquisitor, The Fourth Legacy, The Shadow of Uther, Until Kingdom Comes, Alexandria, etc. I saw a full concert footage of a 1999 show in Greece and they played all of those songs and were killer and Khan was a beast. I saw a full video of this 1998 warm-up show at the Brass Mug as well. Those were honest and genuine times for Kamelot. Of course it would be better to have actually seen them live during those years. You're a lucky guy! ;)

Pretty awesome to see this footage from the Siege Perilous tour. The first time I saw them was also at Boomerz but I think it was around 2005 or 2006. Does anyone know if they ever did any local Tampa shows with Mark Vanderbilt in support of the first two albums? I've never been able to find any listing of US shows before this one at the Brass Mug. I didn't move to the Tampa area until 2004 so it's always interesting to me to hear about local metal shows prior to that.

Might have been the same place I went to. Can't recall the name. Thought it was in Clearwater though. Teri was there, I think. She might even remember the name of the joint. Wasn't too big. About the size of the now defunct Jaxx/Empire.

One memory jumps out at me. I do remember turning on Druid Road and thinking it was funny we were going down Druid Road to see Kamelot. :D

If it was in Clearwater you probably saw them at Gasoline Alley as they used to play there frequently.

If it was in Clearwater you probably saw them at Gasoline Alley as they used to play there frequently.

Yes!!! That was the name of the place! I knew it was like Something Lane or some such. Gasoline Alley. Not a dump by any means. But a far cry from where Kamelot plays these days. Bunch of AC duct work running across the ceiling. I remember that because it was dripping condensation due to the humidity. Like it was raining indoors. :)