@Vintersorg

TheEmperor

Depraved
Dec 12, 2001
Luzern, Switzerland
I got your new album yesterday finally, and hey man, you did it again!!! It's absolutely fantastic! I'm listening to it right now for about the 100th time, it's just awesome!
The sound is as good as never before, the drumming as well, the bass lines are just amazing and your vocal and guitar work is very very good too. Thank you for this album, it's one of the best I've ever heard! I also think that it's really cool that you have some songs on it which are in swedish, because I love this language, it fits to the songs perfectly. Keep up the good work!

VINTERSORG rules!!!

Originally posted by KamelotGuardian
English is good too!
Swedish confuses stupid americans :)
Write at least a couple English songs always!

No it doesn't! Get a book. I learned a good amount of Swedish in a few months. It's a fantastic language, I recommend familiarizing yourself with it.

Originally posted by Claudius Rex

No it doesn't! Get a book. I learned a good amount of Swedish in a few months. It's a fantastic language, I recommend familiarizing yourself with it.

Thank you for encouraging the concept that not all Americans are too lazy and arrogant to want to learn new things. I seriously hope to be brushing up on my German and learning Swedish very soon.

Yeah I agree with you, Swedish is a great language, I want to learn it too myself. And even when I don't understand it yet, it just sounds great!

http://www.hhs.se/isa/swedish/

That's what I used to first learn Swedish. Coupled with the Lexin online dictionary (linked from the page), it can aid you in getting through those first steps. It's basic but it really helps. Seeing as how Vintersorg uses non-standard words (i.e. not in the dictionary) it's difficult but you'll eventually know most root words and figure out what the compound/complex words mean. Luckily for myself I had learned Swedish before I got into Vintersorg so I could more easily appreciate the music and lyrics.
Hope that helps!

I've learned some Swedish. Heck, it's not the easiest language. It's very beautiful, and I love the way it sounds. But hearing something in a language I already know helps. But I'm glad Mr. V sticks to some Swedish songs. It has encouraged me. So far I've learned many languages, but not as good in some as in others: English, Spanish, German, French, Swedish, Norweigan, and Finnish. I'm still learning some, but what I say is a little rusty, 'cause I don't brush up on it everyday.

http://www.hhs.se/isa/swedish/

That's what I used to first learn Swedish. Coupled with the Lexin online dictionary (linked from the page), it can aid you in getting through those first steps. It's basic but it really helps. Seeing as how Vintersorg uses non-standard words (i.e. not in the dictionary) it's difficult but you'll eventually know most root words and figure out what the compound/complex words mean. Luckily for myself I had learned Swedish before I got into Vintersorg so I could more easily appreciate the music and lyrics.
Hope that helps!

I know this link too, it's really good! But I guess I have to use it more often, I don't know Swedish very well yet...