Vision - THE OTHER SIDE OF GREY

Azrael LenGraden

Lake Of Fire
May 5, 2004
Spring Grove, IL, USA
www.youtube.com
To all of the ProgPower Faithful. I have been a member of this community since PPIII and know many of you. I have read and posted here many times and while I don't always agree with all of the opinions here I do respect most of them.:)

Please check out my bands latest CD and feel free to comment. Full song samples are available at our myspace page and some short, low quality samples are availible at cdbaby.com. I welcome all of your constructive criticism. The CD is available at cdbaby and for those in Europe, it's availible at rockpapas (both places are sold out as of 2/16 but should be restocked by the end of the week, I guess that's a good problem to have:saint:) .

Below is the press release that went out last week.
Thanks
Sean

Vision’s THE OTHER SIDE OF GREY to be released on Lake of Fire Records February 24, 2009.

THE OTHER SIDE OF GREY has been a long time coming for the loyal fans of Chicago based Vision. Composer/guitarist/keyboardist Sean P. Gahgan, along with the one they call Nefarious (vocals), have crafted an incredibly diverse collection of songs that spread the musical gamut from up tempo in-your-face metal, to melodic gut wrenching rock, to beautifully arrange acoustic pieces and everything in between. These compelling musical arrangements are all capped off by the incredible vocal range of Nefarious. Whether it’s 4 part harmonies, holding notes for 30+ seconds or simply leaving the listener with a haunting melody in their head, Nefarious is a presence the musical world has not heard the likes of since Rob Halford, Geoff Tate, and King Diamond. The band is rounded out by drummer Alex Kai and bass player Azrael, the latter of whom also produced the CD. THE OTHER SIDE OF GREY is available at cdbaby.com on February 24th, 2009. The band is gearing up for a summer tour and preproduction has already begun on their next release scheduled for early 2010.

www.myspace.com/visionlakeoffire
www.lakeoffire.net
http://cdbaby.com/cd/visionprog
http://www.rockpapas.de/

Congratulations on the release. These guys are no amateurs. Quality songs on the myspace. The singer definitely brings his own style, almost a Meatloaf type of vibrato. He sounds like he is very well trained. The guitarist brings a classical style, and yet can definitely play the metal. Nice. Check it out.

This is one of the nicest surprises I have heard in a while. It's a nice mix of all the older styles of prog that I love dearly. You can hear the Ryche/Fates/Crimson Glory vibe throughout. The slower acoustic ballad kick all sorts of ass as the vocals really shine in that fucked up Midnight sort of way. I swear to God that "The Pain Inside of You" would have fit in nicely on "Trancedence."

My only constructive criticism is that it has a thin production sound. It's not bad at all, but I'd love to hear what someone like Tommy Newton could do with it.

I usually cringe a bit when people from the board post their tunes, but in this case I liked what I heard for the most part. The music was pretty good, and the singer was more than solid. Keep up the good work.

Britt

Congratulations on the release. These guys are no amateurs. Quality songs on the myspace. The singer definitely brings his own style, almost a Meatloaf type of vibrato. He sounds like he is very well trained. The guitarist brings a classical style, and yet can definitely play the metal. Nice. Check it out.

Thanks Cheiron, I appreciate that!

Sounds awesome! I await my CD bro! Cheers! :headbang::kickass:

Cd is in the mail :headbang:

Azrael, this sounds impressive! Nice job on the production too! Steel the Thunder is badass! I'll buy a copy of this. :kickass:

~Brian~

That is great to hear Brian, I was really interested in your opinion since we have a lot of common in our wide variety of musical tastes. :kickass:

This is one of the nicest surprises I have heard in a while. It's a nice mix of all the older styles of prog that I love dearly. You can hear the Ryche/Fates/Crimson Glory vibe throughout. The slower acoustic ballad kick all sorts of ass as the vocals really shine in that fucked up Midnight sort of way. I swear to God that "The Pain Inside of You" would have fit in nicely on "Trancedence."

My only constructive criticism is that it has a thin production sound. It's not bad at all, but I'd love to hear what someone like Tommy Newton could do with it.

Nefarious is going to love the Ryche/Fates/Crimson Glory comment! I am glad you like it and I really appreciate the feedback, it means a lot to me! It's the first complete CD I produced from start to finish and was a great learning experience but there is always more to learn.:loco: The next one is already shaping up nicely!

Wow... this is REALLY good. I just got it yesterday (cdbaby is great!) and have not stopped listening to it. Very diverse, some songs sound better than others (production wise) but the songwriting is very solid, no filler. I like all of the different elements but yet the singer ties everything together... I'd love to see these guys pull this off live. Definately check this out if you like if you are in to diverse metal with killer vocals!

Wow... this is REALLY good. I just got it yesterday (cdbaby is great!) and have not stopped listening to it. Very diverse, some songs sound better than others (production wise) but the songwriting is very solid, no filler. I like all of the different elements but yet the singer ties everything together... I'd love to see these guys pull this off live. Definately check this out if you like if you are in to diverse metal with killer vocals!

Thanks for the feedback, especially the comment on diversity...the CD was recorded over an extended period of time and thus some of the recordings were not as consistent as we would have liked. Overall we are happy with the end result though. The next CD is already sounding great so we are all very excited.

I liked what I heard on your MySpace page, and love the cover art. Ordered my copy from CDBaby today (and it has already shipped). Looking forward to hearing all the songs.

I liked what I heard on your MySpace page, and love the cover art. Ordered my copy from CDBaby today (and it has already shipped). Looking forward to hearing all the songs.

That was none other than Derek Gores who did most of the artwork for us. I was always impressed with Kamelot's artwork (which he has done). I decided to look him up one day. He was a pleasure to work with and extremely talented! He took exactly what we verbalized to him and Visionized it :headbang:

FROZEN TEARS is my favorite. I love that song.
Are you guys doing local dates or a NATIONAL tour?
PM me if you you want to play Nashville, I know a couple club owners!