Volbeat Announces European Headlining Tour

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=97148

Danish metallers VOLBEAT will embark on the "Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood Tour 2008" in October. Support on the trek will come from STUCK MOJO.

Oct. 08 - FR - Paris @ La Scene Bastille
Oct. 09 - NL - Rijssen @ Lucky & Co Podium
Oct. 10 - DE - Hamburg @ Große Freiheit 36
Oct. 11 - BE - Antwerp @ Hof Ter Lo
Oct. 13 - NL - Amsterdam @ Paradiso
Oct. 14 - DE - Offenbach @ Capitol
Oct. 20 - DE - München @ Backstage Werk
Oct. 21 - CH - Pratteln @ Z7
Oct. 22 - FR - Strasbourg @ La Laiterie
Oct. 23 - DE - Cologne @ E-Werk
Oct. 24 - DE - Berlin @ Columbia Club
Oct. 25 - DE - Osnabrück @ Halle Gartlage

And Sept is available :((((((((((

Edit: Blah. Putting European in the subject.

that's really strange then...

Well, the tour they were on before conflicted with PP. By the time these dates came around, Glenn already had his replacement. It just really sucks as they were the band I was most looking forward to.

Drama_Llama.jpg

You know what? I think Mustasch is better. Seriously.

I used to like Volbeat until they screwed us over. At the time, I wasn't sure any replacement could, well, replace them.

But I've really, really dug Mustasch over the past few weeks. Their videos are very cool. Their music is enjoyable -- sort of like The Cult meets Black Sabbath meets Primus -- and plentiful. They have a lot of CDs to get into. And the groove on them thar CDs is infectious, man.

So Volbeat can tour Europe all they want. They can own Europe for all I care. For my money, Mustasch is a very worthy replacement that I think will knock us all on our collective asses.

Just my two cents...

Could care less about the tour plans at this point. Yes I like Volbeat better than Mustasch but Volbeat had a chance to come over to the States and play Progpower in the land of the bands heros Johny Cash and Elvis "so they say" and left everyone hanging. So "Screw Them" Mustasch is a good band as well,and I am a huge Cult fan from way back, so they will just suit me fine!

You know what? I think Mustasch is better. Seriously.

I used to like Volbeat until they screwed us over. At the time, I wasn't sure any replacement could, well, replace them.

But I've really, really dug Mustasch over the past few weeks. Their videos are very cool. Their music is enjoyable -- sort of like The Cult meets Black Sabbath meets Primus -- and plentiful. They have a lot of CDs to get into. And the groove on them thar CDs is infectious, man.

So Volbeat can tour Europe all they want. They can own Europe for all I care. For my money, Mustasch is a very worthy replacement that I think will knock us all on our collective asses.

Just my two cents...

I like Mustasch as well, and they have guitar solos! ;)
It's the "weirdness" of Volbeat's influences that lured me in, I expected to out & out HATE it, but I ended up scouring the internet for both their cds immediately after checking them out. I still can't explain why I like them, but I really do...

The business end of things isn't probably going to change the way I feel about a band. I feel bad for Glenn, seeing them swerve, and then re-swerve again. I wish them luck on their tour, and I think Mustasch will be a more than ample (as well as fun) replacement.

The usage of Volbeat in my previous post was just to show that it is true that we're all not lemmings, and that I truly did enjoy a band Glenn pulled out of left field whom I had never heard a single note of, while at the same time, not seeing what all the hoopla is about Amorphis. Time will tell, maybe... ;)

I like Mustasch as well, and they have guitar solos! ;)

The song "The End" from Latest Version of the Truth is almost a spiritual experience. It's an unbelievable 9+-minute journey through pounding, mesmerizing riffs (a groove not dissimilar to Zeppelin's "Kashmir"), spoken-word montages and freak-outs a la Pink Floyd, a delicate piano break (again, reminiscent of Floyd), and a haunting, orchestra/vocal choir build-up that reminds me of The Verve's "Bitter Sweet Symphony." Oh, and Supertramp. There's a bit of a Supertramp vibe toward the end.

Anyone who thinks Mustasch isn't a worthy replacement for Volbeat should listen to "The End." I haven't heard a piece of music that electrifying in many years. It's otherwordly. Gives me goosebumps.

Volbeat was my number one reason for coming to PP this year. And I have not spun the CDs once since the announcement. But then again, they say time heals all wounds....yeah right, whatever.

I do belive that Mustach well be about as good replacement as Glenn could have found. I am interested in seeing them live.

The song "The End" from Latest Version of the Truth is almost a spiritual experience. It's an unbelievable 9+-minute journey through pounding, mesmerizing riffs (a groove not dissimilar to Zeppelin's "Kashmir"), spoken-word montages and freak-outs a la Pink Floyd, a delicate piano break (again, reminiscent of Floyd), and a haunting, orchestra/vocal choir build-up that reminds me of The Verve's "Bitter Sweet Symphony." Oh, and Supertramp. There's a bit of a Supertramp vibe toward the end.

Anyone who thinks Mustasch isn't a worthy replacement for Volbeat should listen to "The End." I haven't heard a piece of music that electrifying in many years. It's otherwordly. Gives me goosebumps.

I liked "The End" better the first time I heard it, when it was called "Change," by Boingo.
:loco:

Funny, that's the only song I don't like on that album. The first half-ish of it is great. That one repeating riff is awesome as you say, but then it stops. It turns into a recap of the rest of the album (which I've generally just heard anyway) and really just looses all appeal to me. I generally just hit next as soon as that awesome riff is over. Oh well, we can agree the rest of the album is good :)

+1

-Metal

+2