Was DL an introduction to black metal for u?

May 20, 2002
Australia
Visit site
For me DL was an introduction into the black metal genre
i know DL is a some sort of mix between thrash and black metal
but still it infuenced me to start listening to allot more darker material.

:devil:

No they definatly were not for me, Im pretty sure it was either Cradle of filth or the Kovenant , whom i stumbled upon when the Cradle to enslave single and Animatronic were released. Dragonlord was definatly something ive been waiting for a long time to happen.

it all started with an EMPEROR sampler. i couldn't stop playing it. soon after i went to see mayhem at the CW in s.f.! that was a cool show.

also, eric peterson was a HUGE influence on me. when i went on tour with TESTAMENT in europe, i made sure to go when the guys toured the black metal countries!

The guys from Brujeria are said to be from Cradle of Filth, Fear Factory, Faith No More, and Dimmu Borgir, so without knowing what the hell black metal was I download DB - Stormblast.

So no, not an introduction.

Well, I've heard a number of black metal bands before DL, but none of them did ANYTHING for me.

Dragonlord rules!

Yes, DL made me open my eyes, to give me a push to search for some Black Metal that I might actually dig... in my quest, I've stumbled onto Anorexia Nervosa an Annal Nathrakh, and am on the quest for other stuff I like....

So yes, DL has opened a new genre for me...

like Demonic, my first was Immortal's 'Blizzard Beasts' but it got shelved, even sold it away eventually- doesn't appeal.

subsequently, i bought emperor & that pretty much started my BM indulgence. i did get back to Immortal though, the current 'Sons of Northern Darkness' is killer. but my 2 fav BM bands are Mayhem & Emoeror. i'm terribly picky about bands, i pay attention to only those with members who can play, the reason why i bought dragonlord. digiorgio is a very good bassist, had been following him since his Sadus days... however, i must say that the BM offered by dragonlord are slightly different from its European counterparts.