"We are the YOUTH GONE COUNTRY"

Shouldn't be surprising to see 80s hair metal artists going country. Country music today is a lot closer to 80s rock than it is to traditional country. I'd love to see these guys go power metal or prog, but apparently they aren't that adventurous. So they make sucky grunge albums or 70s-sounding albums or retreads of what they did before. Or they go country, like Bret Michaels.

I don't see why Sebastian couldn't reinvent himself as a Rob Rock type solo artist.

I actually think he will put out a good hard rocking country cd. Because it is country doesn't mean it can't rock hard. I don't like country, but I like Bach's voice and his solo cd Angel Down wasn't bad, so we will see.

Also, country music as a genre is quite huge in the US...something that gets greatly overlooked by the urban dwellers on Madison Avenue and in L.A.
While the broadcast and media outlets have raced headlong into pushing R&B/hip-hop/rap to the American public, country has survived, and even grown.

I don't see why Sebastian couldn't reinvent himself as a Rob Rock type solo artist.

I think it's laziness on his part. He longs to make the millions he did back in the 80s and he wants a quick fix. He needs to take a look at Jeff Scott Soto and Johnny Gioli. Both of those guys moved on from the 80's, but have continued with respectable careers in music.

~Brian~