Wednesday Night Karaoke, Pre-pre-party & "PorkPower"

Tarathur

Queen of the ’Ryche
Sep 20, 2005
Pittsburgh PA
I *WILL* be in attendance for the pre-pre-party and karaoke this year! :kickass:

Now, the question is will we be having the "PorkPower" pig roast too?? I recall somebody mentioning something about "smoked pork butt" this year. I wonder if we can get some Freak Kitchen style t-shirts.. or better yet.. BIBS.. with a PorkPower pig on 'em! Heheh.

\m/

I *WILL* be in attendance for the pre-pre-party and karaoke this year! :kickass:

Now, the question is will we be having the "PorkPower" pig roast too?? I recall somebody mentioning something about "smoked pork butt" this year. I wonder if we can get some Freak Kitchen style t-shirts.. or better yet.. BIBS.. with a PorkPower pig on 'em! Heheh.

\m/

PorkPower is best enjoyed with Pork Soda don't forget! :lol:

Well, actually porkpower came about from a post i made in which I mispelled Progpower like this "porkpower:, and thus another insane idea was born. Well, since i haven't given the porkpower much thought because of TEXAS MADFEST, I am sorry to say PorkPower will not be in Atlanta this year due to scheduling conflicts but will be held July 13 and July 14 at FBI#1 in Houston as part of TEXAS MADFEST(only because they have an outdoor BBQ that runs all day and night with the best BBQ in Houston) So come for the BBQ and stay because inside there are some awesome metal bands playing.

I'll be at kareoke, and I promise to not beat anyone up this year. Jason, give the venue a call, they'd be able to answer. Not sure what the smoking regs are, for Vinyl, but if it is smoking after 9, then it'll be 18+.

It will depend on whether any prog- or power-metal bands' songs have been licensed and issued as karaoke songs (err, aside from Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, as we discovered last year), since last year's deejay -- presumably this year's as well -- only uses karaoke CDs.

As a side-note, the Atlanta suburb of Lilburn recently passed an ordinance that pool-tables and karaoke are banned in bars and restaurants within the city limits. My friend the other karaoke deejay -- who allows singers to sing along to ANY cd -- is directly affected, I think, since the bar they were setting up in, The Office, is in Lilburn.

"Welcome to the City of Lilburn. Having fun here is not allowed."