Weekend with Hawk part 2

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Saturday night I woke Hawk out of his beautysleep and off we went to watch Precense. Precense is a local coverband with the guitar player-singer some of you maybe know of Belgian Thrashband Exoto. Damn, for once I could teach Hawk about a band he didn't know and he likes Exoto !! Starting at around 10.00 Precense gave a 2 and a half houre long show of mostly hardrock covers, first part of the show were older classics and second some newer stuff, here's some stuff I can remember;
ZZ Top (gimme), UFO (Doctor) , Golden Earing (Radar Love) , Queens of the Stone age (No one knows), Nirvana (teen Spirit), Joan Jett (I love RnR), AC/DC (Rosie), Priest (Living after midnight), Steppenwolf (Born to be wild), Thin Lizzy (whiskey), Metallica (Nothin matters) , Deep Purple (Black night)etc...I'm forgetting alot here. well, Hawk didn't spare the voice and sang along all the old songs! The band played proffesional and presentation in between songs was fun. We enjoyed it alot.
We stayed around in the pub a few houres. It's a great place, there are alot of famous blues bands playing here normally and they constantly play great blues music. They started playing the old ZZ-Top albums there and I must say I have overlooked those bluesy albums. I think we arrived at 2.30 at my place and stayed up another houre or so talking.
Well, Sunday was too short, we slept quit long and little after noon I drove Hawk to the train station were he has still a few houres to travel to get home...
All together this was a GREAT weekend, Hawk is a very pleasant guy to talk to. Very driven in his passions of music and teaching !! I hope some of you guys will be able to meet him in future too !!
Here are some pics of the Precense gig on Saturday:

guitar.jpg

flup.jpg

guitenflip.jpg

bass.jpg

Hawk and Carny (why doesn't this pic show? are we that ugly?)

hawk&nut.jpg

This is Hawk , Flip (Precense and ex-Exoto) and me (Carnut) in front of the blues-pub...Sorry for the bad pic....haha, notice on the second pic we all only have one leg :D

outside.jpg

outside2.jpg

I had a GREAT time. carnut is a quiet friendly guy and it was a pleasure getting to know him.

Thanks so much carnut for your hospitality! You are one cool guy. The Slayer gig was unbelievable and I liked the evening in the Blues cafe a lot. I also enjoyed the surroundings in Belgium. And your friends are very cool also!

We talked and talked about metal and Holland and Belgium the 80s and history. It was great actually :)

I got home about 16:15 today and was completly wasted! Can't wait to do this again.
More later!!!

Update: here's the picture.

hawknut.jpg

Ha ha ha I forgot to mention........ both of you are such great guys. I wish I could have been there !! I'll fight the doorman and let the girls look at my weiner again for Carny (I think only a Belgian would undersand) and fight hell for Hawk !!

Bryant

He he you rule Bryant.

I had a great time. carnut is a great guy and I love Belgium.
Slayer kicked ass man!! They were great. I can't wait for the "Still Reigning" DVD.

It would be great if you could have been there. :)

Hawk said:
He he you rule Bryant.

I had a great time. carnut is a great guy and I love Belgium.
Slayer kicked ass man!! They were great. I can't wait for the "Still Reigning" DVD.

It would be great if you could have been there. :)

Sounds like a great time Hawk. I am happy you had a good time together. We will hook up soon !! Maybe Prog Power VI ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
Sounds like a great time Hawk. I am happy you had a good time together. We will hook up soon !! Maybe Prog Power VI ?

Bryant
Thats the plan! :)

The idea is that carnut and me meet up in Belgium and that we both will travel to the US. Lets hope more members of this forum will show up! :wave:

Hawk said:
Thats the plan! :)

The idea is that carnut and me meet up in Belgium and that we both will travel to the US. Lets hope more members of this forum will show up! :wave:

Yep, let's try that...I need to know the date Asap though, september is a hard month to take time off work for me, but will work if I know far in advance. I hope we can pull this off ,would be a great weekend, I'm sure about that.
Haha, let's make a wanted list for bands to come... I would like to see Vision Divine, Queensryche , Symphony X, ....

carnut said:
Yep, let's try that...I need to know the date Asap though, september is a hard month to take time off work for me, but will work if I know far in advance. I hope we can pull this off ,would be a great weekend, I'm sure about that.
O yea! Thats gonna be great!

carnut said:
Haha, let's make a wanted list for bands to come... I would like to see Vision Divine, Queensryche , Symphony X, ....
You can add my good buddies Zero Hour and Sieges Even to the list!

Like I said Jonny; thats the plan.

If only to see my old school Bro's from the UMOS forum.
If fact I don't give a fuck who is playing :lol:

We'll party anyway!! :headbang:

Hawk said:
Like I said Jonny; thats the plan.

If only to see my old school Bro's from the UMOS forum.
If fact I don't give a fuck who is playing :lol:

We'll party anyway!! :headbang:

Ha ha ha you will be going to a great show as well. The promoter of PPUSA never fails. He works magic every year. Symphony X and Evergrey may very well play at PPVI. The promoter loves those guys and both bands put on great shows.

Bryant