Weirdest lyrics/Slaughter of the English language

Rakosh

Jan 15, 2004
Decatur, GA
www.geocities.com
I don't know if I've ever seen any posts on this topic before, so I thought it might be fun. I know English is a second language for a lot of the bands we like, but sometimes it makes for some funny moments in the songs. Two of my favorites are:

King Diamond "The 7th Day of July 1777" - The Countess broke her neck and the embryo came out dead King pronounces "embryo" as em-brie-o. When someone mispronounces a word, I still quote that line...then the other person just looks at me like a confused puppy.

Helloween "Keeper of the Seven Keys" - ...an earthquake, squirting fire... I think of a Taco Bell chili-cheese burrito and it's aftermath.

I think you all get the point.

:Smokin:

Rakosh said:
King Diamond "The 7th Day of July 1777" - The Countess broke her neck and the embryo came out dead King pronounces "embryo" as em-brie-o.

One song earlier ("The Family Ghost"), he pronounces "sarcophagus" ("the sarcophagus... of a child") as "sar-co-FAY-gus"...

Ryan

Oh...come on, Budman...you can't forget Secret Sphere's "Scent Of A Woman"...as in SHENT of a woman...

...always worth a laugh...

Rock on!

Nothing beats Sonata Arctica with "Walking in the cool night air without underwear!!!!!" LMAO. A great band; terrible lyrics. And how about "While you were sleeping, I STEAL your earring." Not only are the lyrics absurd, but they use the wrong tense. I'm sorry, but it is hilarious!!! Regardless, they are a great band and I would love to see them play PP!!

I agree with this one so wholeheartedly!! I have listened non-stop to SArctica over the past year, especially Silence-- I can't believe their lyrics sometime-- though I have to see them live!!

Great topic!

What about Blind Guardian's Black Chamber and Hansi pronounces it Sham-ber?

Or, the way he pronounces wilderness? Wild-er-ness...

The only ones I can think of now...

Instead of admiring the fact that these bands have the courage to write lyrics not in their native language but in a language that they studied,

Instead of admiring some of these bands like Pain of Salvation and Opeth who creates such unbelievably clever, beautiful lyrics in English while their native language is Swedish,

you choose to point out the mistakes and have fun with them.

Good for you.

I wonder if you know any foreign words other than "guacomole" or "taco" :err:

Hahaha, great thread, i have one,

In Angra's cover of Judas Priest's Painkiller, instead of "Faster than a bullet" he said "Fasta than a Boolit", and instead of "returns from armageddon to the sky" it is "returns from armageeedon to the sky". Hahaha, great cover, but those parts are great for a laugh.

Brent

Hey, arnavut...I take umbrage to such a comment. I happen to know plenty of other foreign words, like FAJITA and JALAPENO as well...

Jesus...what a buzzkill...you should use that tightly clenched sphincter of yours to crack open a beer, kick back, and mellow out...

...thanks for the enlightenment...

arnavut said:
Instead of admiring the fact that these bands have the courage to write lyrics not in their native language but in a language that they studied,

Instead of admiring some of these bands like Pain of Salvation and Opeth who creates such unbelievably clever, beautiful lyrics in English while their native language is Swedish,

you choose to point out the mistakes and have fun with them.

Good for you.

I wonder if you know any foreign words other than "guacomole" or "taco" :err:

Je parle et ecris francais aussi bien que les bandes parlent anglais parfois. Je mal prononce les mots maintes fois, mais je pense qu'il est tres amusant. Il n'est pas se moquer des bandes.

I can try it in Spanish, too...

(Francophiles have fun with all my mistakes)
:Smokin:

Reactions: ashaman7122
We joke because we love...

I think many of these bands would laugh with us if they saw this thread!

I am a High School teacher and I often try to communicate with my latin american students and when they point out my faux pas we all have a good laugh! It's all fun here man! Ease up!

The all-time best, and you know it, is GUH-nawsis from all the Avantasia albums...he says it like 20 times, so you'de think someone would have corrected him :lol: I'm glad they didn't though. Avantasia and Edguy have some of the most dubiously concocted but catchiest and usually cool lyrics.

And Hansi has a lithp - but leave the man alone, they're one of the greatest bands on the face of the planet ;)

Cool topic! Hilarious stuff... LOL
English is not my first language and this topic doesn't offend me at all... It's not like they don't like the band, it's just for fun...
I am from Brazil and even I can pick up some weird pronunciations... eheh

Theater of Tragedy's Assembly has some of the funniest lyrics ever...

"He's a lonely dancer
Fun Fanatic Organizer
Just Tell Me
If you Want to Check Him".... WTf? lol

"Don't Know what upsets you
We are goona take you to outer space
Find Planets- Red, Blue
Let's make an universal race"

Pure poetry.