West Coast travelers

Perpet said:
Thanks Kitty :cool: We are from Northen San Diego County. We do go to a lot of LA shows. Is anyone going to the Epica/Prymary/Kamelot show at the Galaxy?

Yes, we're going to be at the Galaxy for that one. We'll be at one of the tables, probably wearing my PP shirt. Going to be cool....I've wanted to see Kamelot for a long time.

cinflames said:
I'll be at that show, along with my daughter and son-in-law. :headbang:

arggghhhhh How could I forget Cin!!! Sorry huney!! Pabla and I are going to the Key Club show...I'll be proudly wearing my PPVII tee! Then we have Queensryche 10/11 then finally

SCREAM FOR ME IRVINE:headbang: :headbang: Maiden 10/21 at Irvine Meadows!

anyone going to these shows let us know, we'll defo be partying in the parkinglot before Maiden!!

kittybeast said:
13 shades of Gray --- Colleen and her man are from San Diego.

Wow if this keeps up maybe we can talk Glenn into ProgPower West---a REAL one!!!

Hmmmmmm sounds like a swipe at "Powerprogwest" that just took place....
if so what in you opinion could have been better? Band selection? Venue change. Just curious.

DJWill_TheVault said:
if so what in you opinion could have been better? Band selection? Venue change. Just curious.

A few things... Bands, yeah, only one or two bands on that event could have made me want to think about going down there, and well I need more motivation than two bands.

Power Prog? What a ripp off name, totally weak. I believe there were quite a bit of thrash bands there? Not sure where Power and Prog equates thrash?

My opinion is , dont try to ripp off an established Festivel name, turn it around and try to make money off it....

We have been talking about a Prog Power West event for many years, run in the same vein as the Europe and USA fests...It hasn't evolved yet.

DJWill_TheVault said:

Hey Will, keep missing you at shows :erk: Well... the name could've been a bit more original and it seems he blatently nicked it from the established well know festival ProgPower USA and Euro.

I talked to a few bands who said there was nothing to drink backstage..not even water.

I had/saw no purse or backpack searches, which could've let to some harmful events. I also saw no security at any time.

The 3 stages suck...to close to each other and sound was bleak for most.

Why the black/death metal bands there?!?!? Well, the promoter either manages or has a small label that 'fronts' these bands.

Why did Scarred play before Nevermore......cuz it's one of the promoters bands. IMO Agent Steel completely pumped everyone up for Nevermore then Scarred just ..:yuk: pfffffffffft

This event could've been much more successful if he would've advertised and promoted a bit more.

Hey all ~
Actordude (that would be me!!!) is a proud Long Beach local.......

Some great shows out here in the next month for sure - starting with Stratovarius next week on the strip!!!

thedelicateflower said:
...:cry: ...i feel so sad when i see threads like this...i am from los angeles...been in nc for the last 4 years (that's what happens when ya meet a long-haired hippie freak online) ;)

Isn´t it better to meet a long-haired lovely "boy" ?? :worship:

BIG BIG KRAMAR to youuu....

Hello all,

Is anyone going to Queensryche at the Gibson (Universal Ampith.) next week? Maybe we can get together for a drink in the lobby and say hi. It seems that many of us can get to places like the Key Club, Galaxy and House of Blues when good shows are in town. It would be cool for those of us who attends these shows to always plan on meeting up and sharing a drink or two. N. Cal and San Diego can do the same.

DJWill_TheVault said:

Interesting this is on here....The only complaint I had was that it was a blur in the Weekly. Advertising would have to be better. Note how professional Progpower is. Advertising is the one important thing that will get this off the ground. Next as mentioned, make sure all bands are true to the term "PROG".

I did not go because my friend and I had planned for Atlanta but this would have been nice just to get ready for the main event (because nothing will EVER come close to Progpowerusa). As a first attempt, I imagine it needs work. Good luck in the future.

spag said:
Yes, we're going to be at the Galaxy for that one. We'll be at one of the tables, probably wearing my PP shirt. Going to be cool....I've wanted to see Kamelot for a long time.

Cool :kickass: Hope to see all of you at the Galaxy and/or Key Club. Ah hell I'll probably go to both shows :headbang: :headbang:

mloanna said:
Hello all,

Is anyone going to Queensryche at the Gibson (Universal Ampith.) next week? Maybe we can get together for a drink in the lobby and say hi. It seems that many of us can get to places like the Key Club, Galaxy and House of Blues when good shows are in town. It would be cool for those of us who attends these shows to always plan on meeting up and sharing a drink or two. N. Cal and San Diego can do the same.

I might go, I'm not sure yet, it's kind of a crazy week for me :erk:

mloanna said:
Interesting this is on here....The only complaint I had was that it was a blur in the Weekly. Advertising would have to be better. Note how professional Progpower is. Advertising is the one important thing that will get this off the ground. Next as mentioned, make sure all bands are true to the term "PROG".

I did not go because my friend and I had planned for Atlanta but this would have been nice just to get ready for the main event (because nothing will EVER come close to Progpowerusa). As a first attempt, I imagine it needs work. Good luck in the future.

My main problem was SUNDAY??? Seems to me a big event like this should be on a Saturday.
There were definitely some killer bands there though. And the venue is cool.

mloanna said:
Hello all,

If there's a really good show in LA Hollywood or Universal and it's on a FRi or Sat, I often come down to attend with a friend of mine. HArd to get down to LA during the week, I take enough days off, but quick weekend trips are always cool.
The OC is cool too, that's where I am originally from but I have free room and board in LA now :). And Glendora, but nothing is near there.

My buddy Mel and I come from Sacramento. We had 3 other PP goers on our flight this year (their first time). We see a lot of shows in San Francisco--including upcoming the Kamelot/Epica show on 10/8 at the Pound and the Blind Guardian/Leaves Eyes on 11/12 at The Filmore.