What about "HEART"/other Seattle Music, etc... influencing NEVERMORE????

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Been listening to HEART lately. Watched VH1 "Rock Honors" and Alice In Chains/Gretchen Wilson (Oohh!!!! the things I would do to her), "FUCKING RULED" covering "BARRACUDA". I would love to hear NEVERMORE cover "Barracuda" or any HEART song. I wonder if Heart/Hendrix/& "whatever else" etc... Seattle bands playe apart in influencing SANCTUARY/NEVERMORE??????

Zane

Been listening to HEART lately. Watched VH1 "Rock Honors" and Alice In Chains/Gretchen Wilson (Oohh!!!! the things I would do to her), "FUCKING RULED" covering "BARRACUDA". I would love to hear NEVERMORE cover "Barracuda" or any HEART song. I wonder if Heart/Hendrix/& "whatever else" etc... Seattle bands playe apart in influencing SANCTUARY/NEVERMORE??????

Zane

...an interesting question, and one which is pertinet.
For a little trivia: long ago Michael Derosier (Heart) lived in the same neighborhood as Warrel and since kids have free time, they'd often go down to his house and hang outside the garage door while Heart practiced.
You'd have to ask him if it influenced them, but I think every event has an influence on a person. Hell, I even remember stuff from CalJam II in '78 :b

Let me go crazy craaaaazy on you!

Oh!...one more trivia note:
The cool little diddley diddley part in that song was done by a Japanese gal named Linda, using a ES335. She got paid $9K for that little riff, which she spent on an orange Beattle VW.
Not sure why they'd have someone sit in on that since it seems easy enough to play....hmmmm

...an interesting question, and one which is pertinet.
For a little trivia: long ago Michael Derosier (Heart) lived in the same neighborhood as Warrel and since kids have free time, they'd often go down to his house and hang outside the garage door while Heart practiced.
You'd have to ask him if it influenced them, but I think every event has an influence on a person. Hell, I even remember stuff from CalJam II in '78 :b

Thanks for the info. So know I will ask the question. Mr. Warrel Dane, did the sisters Wilson/Heart, have any influence on your singing style, vocal arrangements, melodies, etc...?????

Inquiring minds want to know:lol:

Zane

Thanks for the info. So know I will ask the question. Mr. Warrel Dane, did the sisters Wilson/Heart, have any influence on your singing style, vocal arrangements, melodies, etc...?????

Inquiring minds want to know:lol:

Zane

...actually, Klaus Mein was one of his "God's".
He named his cat "Klaus".

Ooops. :eek: I said too much.

I REALLY HAD A BLACKOUT BABY!!!!!:lol:

There's nothing wrong with Scorpions.

Funny!...back before we wrote orginals, each band member got to choose two songs to cover. W picked "Blackout".