What guitar would you recommend?

SovietPower

Jan 20, 2006
First, I have been Dan Swano fan for about 4 years now ever since my dad accidentally stumbled on Crimson and passed it to me (he is not into metal at all). 2 years ago I bought myself a really cheap Stratocaster copy which after playing for a while, I realized sounds like crap. I am ready to move up to something better. So I was thinking, what guitar Dan would recommend as far as most versatile to play Metal. I really like Edge of Sanity sound and I believe Dan used some Ibanez model for that. Also I want to buy a decent acoustic and would like to know what Dan prefers to use on something like Nightfall Overture album. Any information or advice from anyone (and especially Dan) would be appreciated. Don’t hate on the noob^__^:headbang:

SovietPower said:
First, I have been Dan Swano fan for about 4 years now ever since my dad accidentally stumbled on Crimson and passed it to me (he is not into metal at all). 2 years ago I bought myself a really cheap Stratocaster copy which after playing for a while, I realized sounds like crap. I am ready to move up to something better. So I was thinking, what guitar Dan would recommend as far as most versatile to play Metal. I really like Edge of Sanity sound and I believe Dan used some Ibanez model for that. Also I want to buy a decent acoustic and would like to know what Dan prefers to use on something like Nightfall Overture album. Any information or advice from anyone (and especially Dan) would be appreciated. Don’t hate on the noob^__^:headbang:

Maverick guitars kicks ass :headbang:

I suggest you to choose a good looking axe ,but with Seymour duncan pickups.
However I also suggest you to don't buy a pure "heavy metal guitar" (a guitar without soul, with a terrible clean sound).

PRS's have a great sound and they're pretty versetile but they're expensive as hell.
I would recommend a Jackson with Duncun or EMG pickups it's much less costly and you get a great sound!

p.s Fender strats are not what they used to be.Today they're made of shit instead of real fucking wood.they stopped making quality guitars arround 98 I believe...and It's a shame cause 70's and 80's strats sound awesome.

Yes, Paradoxile is right about fender, besides their quality is tightly connected to the production's place.
I bought a Fender Contemporary telecaster last month :made in japan ('85),two Seymour duncan "hot rails" (bridge), another "hot rails" and a fender pick-up(neck);floyd rose bridge. It is the best guitar I ever play.

I have a good friend(studies engineering with me at the uni).He builds guitars that sound awesome...he copied a PRS Santana once and it sounded like the original...looked like it too only with a non shiny glasing. He sold it for a fraction of the price of the original.
If you live in Israel I can hook you up

I very much agree with you guys-

Get an axe that has clean capabilities as well as a crushing overdrive. That way you'll be more versatile. Ibanez make pretty good guitars, so do (did) Jackson until recently, ESP, PRS...

Another great and relatively cheap solution...is taking a Parker guitar and replacing the original Picups with Duncans and you get a great sound

Ibanez Prestige...

You can get some decent RG prestiges now for relatively cheap.

I have prestige S series with dimarzios fitted, the neck is so good...and body light, the pickups are amazing, great cleans and ace distortion tone on bridge and neck.

I'll sell you a Jackson DKMGT that is like a bright, transparent orange.
EMG-HZ's
with turbo booster. it can scream.
I dont like it cause Im not into string-thru very much. I like floating trems.

:)

ESP M-II

mII_emg.jpg

the only way to go...

Damn, thanks for all the advice:worship: ESP M-II looks like a sick choice^__^ Not a cheap one at it. I am not planning to buy a guitar just yet. I am waiting for my tax return and financial aid money to come then I will get one. But I will defiantly look at the choices you provided and preferably find them to play at my local music shops:headbang: