What if Emperor reunited for ProgPower 2013?

I think it's safe to judge arson. In virtually any other context, everyone would agree with me, but since it's Emperor, well, a different standard applies here. Geez, you're reminding me of gangsta rap fans I knew back in the 90s.

And he did have visa problems. I'm actually pretty surprised he got one at all. Makes the exclusion of all those bands from PP look like even more of a travesty. Just proves that the system makes very little sense.

As AngraRULES said earlier, it's done. Trym is making a fortune as a tattoo artist (Hr is currently holding court until tomorrow at a joint in Iceland). Samoth has his label and other projects. Ihsahn is busy in his teaching career and making music he wants to make. An Emperor appearance, unless it is backed by heavy-duty financing, would be a pay cut to them right now.

It was meant to be silly, but I don't know about dumbest comment ever. I've heard both bands and 3 Door Down sounds about as far removed from prog and power metal as Emperor. I guess in some sense Emperor is prog, but then Kanye West is prog too in a sense(critics have called his music "prog rap". Maybe I should have recommended Kanye West instead of 3 Doors Down.

Not too far removed for PP that is for sure. I mean MERCENARY has screaming vocals as did AFTER FOREVER and many others appearing at PP already.

But yes, not enough money. If i remember correctly the NYC set of reunion shows sold out in less than 24 or 48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: