What is the best gryphon cd to get

Without question the Gryphon set to start out with is Raindances/Red Queen To Gryphon Three. Probably their "proggiest" efforts.

I don't know what you have so it's hard to suggest something but how about something like Island - "Pictures"? It's very dark with some symphonic elements. They really don't sound like any other band. In a lighter, more symphonic direction try Gordon Giltrap's "Visionary" disc. A bit more obscure would be Gotic - "Escenes". Think Camel but done up with a Spanish flair.

Just some ideas...

KG

lasercd said:
Without question the Gryphon set to start out with is Raindances/Red Queen To Gryphon Three. Probably their "proggiest" efforts.

I don't know what you have so it's hard to suggest something but how about something like Island - "Pictures"? It's very dark with some symphonic elements. They really don't sound like any other band. In a lighter, more symphonic direction try Gordon Giltrap's "Visionary" disc. A bit more obscure would be Gotic - "Escenes". Think Camel but done up with a Spanish flair.

Just some ideas...

KG

Thanks!

I can affirm that Island: Pictures is a stunning record that every prog enthusiast should own. I don't know if it's still in print or not but if you can get a copy then grab it.