What would you put on a Running Wild best of cd?

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
Running Wilds material past the mid 90's is almost entirely forgettable but some of their early albums contain some heavy metal gems.

What would you put on a best of cd? Limit yourselves to 80 minutes please.

I'm putting up selections up to and including 1998's "The Rivalry" because that album is indeed relevant. So (album in parenthesis):

Under Jolly Roger - 4:42 (Under Jolly Roger)
Riding the Storm - 6:30 (Death or Glory)
Sinister Eyes - 5:07 (Pile of Skulls)
Jennings' Revenge - 4:18 (Pile of Skulls)
Treasure Island - 11:15 (Pile of Skulls)
Blazon Stone - 6:30 (Blazon Stone)
Slavery - 5:15 (Blazon Stone)
Little Big Horn - 4:59 (Blazon Stone)
Genesis (The Making and the Fall of Man) - 15:21 *Best Running Wild track IMO (Black Hand Inn)
March of the Final Battle/The Rivalry - 7:36 (The Rivalry)
War & Peace - 7:44 (The Rivalry)

Total playing time: 79:17

Jason

Hmm...well, definitely a lot from Gates To Purgatory, Branded And Exiled, and Under Jolly Roger...Adrian SOS, Beggar's Night, Victim Of States Power, Diabolic Force, Under Jolly Roger. I need to revisit this band, tbh.

I find the production really fitting, but then again I'm probably more forgiving of shitty production than most as it is.

Seriously incredible thread, ten thousand stars from here and beyond. Running Wild is probably the only left heavy metal band that i'm seriously frustrated to see live, oh how many times i thought of them starting the show with an intro like in "Ready For Boarding" or something like "The Curse". Ok on to the topic, picking a top 10+2:

Riding The Storm
Mordor
Genghis Khan
Port Royal
Mutiny
Return Of The Dragon
Conquistadores
Battle Of Waterloo
Black Hand Inn
White Masque
Black Winds Of Death
Genesis (The Making And Fall Of Man)

This band really reached its peak in "Death Or Glory" i still cant comprehend how they wrote an intro such as the one of "Riding The Storm" (especially that CRAZY break with the keyboard (?) melody being combined with the guitar - best melody ever etc) well generally i can't understand how the fuck most of their melodies/rhythms/riffs came to Rolf's mind, simply unbelievable, especially their intros ("Hymn Of Long John Silver", "The Curse", "Adventure Gallery") i mean come on, they must be joking.

Was this in response to my post? If so, what am I doing?

LMAO

Total joke Greg - I figured you would've remembered the whole deal from awhile back where an outsider went back and forth with RiA I believe and the outsider took Jerry so seriously that he ultimately used the expression I quoted above and the result was one of the funnier threads on RC in a long time.

If I can find it, I'll post the link.

EDIT - start at this post and work your way through. (the phrase is finally uttered in post #95)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...eron-you-british-cigarette-3.html#post5636957

I can't believe you don't remember that phrase being all the rage around here for awhile.

LMAO

Total joke Greg - I figured you would've remembered the whole deal from awhile back where an outsider went back and forth with RiA I believe and the outsider took Jerry so seriously that he ultimately used the expression I quoted above and the result was one of the funnier threads on RC in a long time.

If I can find it, I'll post the link.

EDIT - start at this post and work your way through. (the phrase is finally uttered in post #95)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...eron-you-british-cigarette-3.html#post5636957

I can't believe you don't remember that phrase being all the rage around here for awhile.

lol @ explaining :tickled: