What is the most prized piece of vinyl in your collection?

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
Seeing that we all talk about collecting vinyl and what ones we have, I thought I would create this topic

What is the most prized piece of vinyl in your collection?

I would have to say for me, my limited edition Hell Awaits picture disc

If I had to pick only one,

PIC_0010.jpg

lp2.jpg

I have like a pile of vinyls, some of them are from older and generally barely known thrash bands but I have nae clue if they are valuable or not.

Napalm Death - The Peel Sessions (Signed)
Napalm Death - Mentally Murdered EP
Sepultura - Schizophrenia

That's my main loves from the lot. But there's loads that are quite special to me.

Podgie was bound to win here!

If I had to pick only one,

PIC_0010.jpg

lp2.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!!!
*Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap*
:lol:

Mine would have to be the one vinyl I own, Infected Nations. :lol:

Since I own one, it has to be my Appetite For Destruction Vinyl :lol: (it's only special because it's the original with the banned cover)

As another person who only owns one LP (so far), it would be Iron Maiden "Somewhere in Time". Got it as a b-day gift last year. Have always loved the album and it has IMO just about the best front/back cover artwork ever made:OMG:

Yeah man, I've known it to go for $250 dollars before... but I've also known it to go for $50! I suppose that's just lucky though :lol:

I got this Priest...Live! Double LP for about $10. Turns out it's a rare promo vinyl.

24gkrno.png

ckvnt.png

Very cool

either my Killing is my business or Deep Purple's Machine head. I've got others that are more rare, but those two are my favorite.

I don't have a lot of LP's..but i guess the one thats worth the most is prolly my Children Of Bodom - Needled 24/7 EP or Are You Dead Yet? LP..i think there only is 2000 copies of it or something.

Cool! Whats the gold bit on the back?

It's the promo marking. Says...

FOR PROMOTION ONLY
Ownership Reserved By CBS
Sale Is Unlawful

----

That's the rare bit

either my Killing is my business or Deep Purple's Machine head. I've got others that are more rare, but those two are my favorite.

You can buy a near mint copy of Machine Head for about $6 at any good vinyl store. I got mine with the lyrics poster still in it for around $8