What is your opinion on Deathcore?

Vashti

Aug 19, 2008
Florida
It seems to be that many metal fans dislike Metalcore and Deathcore...I, in general, also hate metalcore...bands like Avenged Sevenfold, The Devil Wears Prada, Atreyu...they do not please me.

I also do not like Deathcore bands such as Suicide Silence, Impending Doom, or any like them because their songs seems to be one long breakdown with crazy pig vocals and just unintelligible vocals...even while reading the lyrics.

Metalcore bands I like: Heaven Shall Burn, Anterior, All That Remains and I have yet to listen to Unearth but I have heard they are good.

Deathcore bands I like: All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, little bit of Despised Icon...and some deathcore bands I have to check out are Sea Of Treachery and another one...I forget the name, it's like King something. lol

++ I have heard mixed feelings over these genres such as...
they aren't metal
they ARE metal
they only have breakdowns
the vocalists suck
then other ones where metal fans of all kinds of metal actually list metalcore as one of their fave genres.

so how do you fine people feel about them?
My feelings: bands that are mainstream in the genre do the music no justice (IE: the devil wears prada and suicide silence) but there are great bands in it.

and I think they are metal...bands like The Devil Wears Prada and Suicide Silence are not metal...just my opinion...but bands like Heaven Shall Burn and All Shall Perish are metal. I see metal fans fight all the time over whether these genres are metal, do you think so?

I really don't care for anything -core and so I don't listen to any. It's not that I think it's necessarily bad, it just doesn't appeal to me. I suppose I don't mind deathcore, as long as it has more of a death metal influence and death vocals as opposed to the screamo-ish type (or however it's best described).

Hardcore can be great.
Metal can be great.
Metalcore/deathcore whatever, that I have been exposed to, is generally realy boring.

I don't think I've ever heard deathcore.

you haven't? well here's some links for you.

^ IMO, not good deathcore

^ IMO, good deathcore..more structured I guess. if you listen to the whole thing, they actually know how to play their instruments.

Last edited by a moderator:
you gotta see suicide silence live to appreiciate them, they have one of the best vocalists around and one hell of a stage show

really? well I guess I could check them out live...I can't remember if it was Suicide Silence or Carnifex or Despised Icon lol but it was one of those bands' vocalists that did pig squeals and I don't like the way they sound. if used more than once I can't listen to the song. does suicide silence use them often??

I guess the only deathcore band I like is Benighted (not sure whether they are or not), but they fucking rule.

really? well I guess I could check them out live...I can't remember if it was Suicide Silence or Carnifex or Despised Icon lol but it was one of those bands' vocalists that did pig squeals and I don't like the way they sound. if used more than once I can't listen to the song. does suicide silence use them often??

despised icon have pig squeals so it was probably them, carnifex are like suicide silences little brother

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOO BREEEEEEEEEEEEEE BREEE BREEE BREEE BREEEE RRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a serious note, I haven't heard a deathcore band that stands out to me. I think it's a requirement that their vocalist suck ass though.