What was Plan B if Myrath didn't get there on time?

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
Maybe someone has some insight, I'm just curious. Myrath has deservedly received much love for pulling off an amazing performance under the circumstances. But if they hadn't been able to get to the venue in time for their set, what was Plan B? Silence for an hour? Another band ready to play early, or even play 2 sets? Put Myrath on at the end of the night and have the show go to 3am? A puppet show? (After all, the venue is near the Center for Puppetry Arts!). What would have happened?

Ken

Maybe incorrect, but I heard the rest of the band was there that morning. Just the singer got it really under the wire.

I think they should have asked for singing volunteers. I could sing every word except the arabic, and even that I can make up phonetically.

Maybe incorrect, but I heard the rest of the band was there that morning. Just the singer got it really under the wire.

I think they should have asked for singing volunteers. I could sing every word except the arabic, and even that I can make up phonetically.

Three of the band members landed less than 90 minutes before the performance, arriving at the venue about 30 min prior to show time. Andy and Lars met them at the airport and hustled them on to the Marta connection since Atlanta traffic is notoriously bad.

It was that close.

I bet it would have been either a delay until arrival, or move onto the next band. If they were en route, the schedule would have been a bit shuffled but the show wouldn't have fallen apart.

Kevin and Morgan were here so Drums and Keys were covered. That left Nidhal (their manager) to handle the singing! - He was nervous about that...good thing Glenn had a backup plan :kickass:

Kevin had joked Thursday night at DaVinci's that they might just have to go instrumental for the whole show. :)

I'm glad they made it............they killed it. Them, Circus Maximus, and Ashes of Ares tied for best performance of the weekend for me.