What was the first song you heard in 2009?

booB

Señor Member
Mar 25, 2003
Cleveland, OH USA
For me, it was "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground. That's right... the first thing I did in 2009 was to get a dose of the Humpty Hump. :p

Some crappy "house" dance song at some dance club my wife wanted to go to last night. They needed some metal, and whoever says you can't dance to metal has never tried(and I am not talking about moshing).

Sadly, I heard some lousy "dance compilation" hip-hop CD advert over and over again last night on Comedy Central while I was watching South Park and Drawn Together.

Haven't listened to any music since, so I'll fire up Winamp in random mode.....

...and the winner is: Nightwish, "Over the Hills And Far Away" (live). Nice way to chase away THAT lousy sonic memory! :kickass:

Sadly, I heard some lousy "dance compilation" hip-hop CD advert over and over again last night on Comedy Central while I was watching South Park and Drawn Together.

Haven't listened to any music since, so I'll fire up Winamp in random mode.....

...and the winner is: Nightwish, "Over the Hills And Far Away" (live). Nice way to chase away THAT lousy sonic memory! :kickass:

Did you just say Sonic?

-Metal

Seeing as how I had to be to work at the ass crack of dawn this morning (7 am, leaving my house at 6:15 am) I put my butt to bed early last night.

I just cranked up my iPod and the first song that came on for shuffle was: Elvenking -Divided Heart. Good way to start the year!

-MetalRose

You had to work today????! Wow, I didn't think anyone had to work on New Years Day!

You had to work today????! Wow, I didn't think anyone had to work on New Years Day!

I don't mind. I literally sat and twiddled my thumbs for about 10 hours.... and when I get holiday pay PLUS time and a half (at least 2.5 times pay rate) for 10 hours with no lunch break- hell yeah I'll take it!

Me and some friends had an epic Waynes World-esque singalong to Bohemian Rhapsody a little after 12.

Thanks for that, I heard you all the way over here in CT! ;)

-MetalRose