Whats the deal with Kamelot

Prog_Please

Apr 25, 2008
San Francisco
Anyone have a better idea on what's going on with their new album? I thought it was supposed to be released tomorrow but I can't find it on pre-sale anywhere, leading me to believe its not to be released anytime in the near future.

Apart from the name of the tour, you have to do some real rummaging about to find anything on their new album. hmm....

Where did you see that it was supposed to be released tomorrow? They're still working on it, and are about to head out on the European tour in a few days so... not quite yet :)

<--- working on the new Kamelot site redesign! (Tour Blog/Gallery coming this week)

What probably happened is that a tentative release date of 3/22/2010 was issued, oh, about six months ago and never changed to reflect the fact there currently isn't an official release date.

The fact that there is no album title means it's not happening. No one has an album title To Be Announced the day before release.

As of about a month ago, they were finishing up the new CD. The March 22 release date was tentative. The European tour starts this weekend and they'll be playing new songs. I'll be at five of those shows and I'm very interested to hear them!

~C

As of about a month ago, they were finishing up the new CD. The March 22 release date was tentative. The European tour starts this weekend and they'll be playing new songs. I'll be at five of those shows and I'm very interested to hear them!

~C

I would guess a summertime release. Probably closer to late summer.

They don't have a label at this point in time. Unless they are self-releasing, which I doubt, they are probably looking for a label.

Other contra-indicated band names, since no-one tends to come to your shows:

• Closed For Renovations
  • Private Party
  • Welcome Shriners
  • Actors On Strike <--- THIS one was a real ATL band, who wisely changed to "Actors On Call" :heh:

Here's a question: Do you think Kamelot would have a similar problem as To/Die/For did if they do not have label support or a label when they tour here? T/D/F came here labeless, and we all know how that turned out.

It's kind of weird that they set a tentative date, and the date came and went with no further announcement. A little "hey, guys, we're not ready yet, so throw out that date" would be nice.