When are you heading up from Florida?

Greykiller

Shoot down the UFO's!
Mar 3, 2004
Right now, it looks like Me, Burke and Kev will be leaving between 3:30 and 4 am Thursday from the tpike in Boynton.

Anyone else south of the Orlando area driving up that day? If so, when?

Angrafan said:
I'd rather drive! Seriously, I could fly every year.. But driving is already part of the tradition.. the road trip is always fun!
It's not that bad.. about 8/9 hours!
I agree. I know that Greykiller loves driving. There's all that time, on the way up, that we're listening to great music, joking and bullshiting with good friends. If we flew, there would be less money for merch, not as much time to listen to great music, joking and bullshiting and then there's all the airport crap to deal with...4 times! Plus the rental car/cabs. :erk: Sure it's quicker to fly, but Atlanta isn't THAT far from South FL. Now going to some of the other festivals, in other, farther parts of the country...that's another story. Besides Grekiller drives so fast we see plaid in the sky!
plaid.jpg
See you at the Fort Pierce exit, while we're getting coffee, if you can catch up! :p

Heading out from the tampa area around 7AM Thursday. Shit, with all the people coming from the Tampa area we should have gotten a charter bus with a stocked bar!! Maybe next year!:headbang:

Unca Kev said:
I agree. I know that Greykiller loves driving. There's all that time, on the way up, that we're listening to great music, joking and bullshiting with good friends. If we flew, there would be less money for merch, not as much time to listen to great music, joking and bullshiting and then there's all the airport crap to deal with...4 times! Plus the rental car/cabs. :erk: Sure it's quicker to fly, but Atlanta isn't THAT far from South FL. Now going to some of the other festivals, in other, farther parts of the country...that's another story. Besides Grekiller drives so fast we see plaid in the sky!
plaid.jpg
See you at the Fort Pierce exit, while we're getting coffee, if you can catch up! :p

Time to fly:

20 minutes to get to airport
10 minutes to get to terminal
2 hours to get through security
2 hours for flight (including time sitting out there waiting for your turn)
1 hour by the time you have your luggage and are ready to leave the airport.

Its a bloody pain. I don't think its worth it. And yeah 9 hour car drives can be fun. Flying is never fun.

Nah, from the time I leave for the airport 'til I touch down in Atl. and get to the hotel...about 4 hrs. The drive back on Sun. is the killer for me. Sun. I just wanna get home and don't wanna be driving fro 7 - 8 hrs.

SavaRon said:
Heading out from the tampa area around 7AM Thursday. Shit, with all the people coming from the Tampa area we should have gotten a charter bus with a stocked bar!! Maybe next year!:headbang:

Two leaving Lakeland 5:30am and headed for the big show!!!:headbang:

Empress said:
I hate driving in cars. :'(

Do what a lot of passengers do...take an ambien just before you get in the car...sleep all the way to Atl.

I tried that once. Did not work too well...since I was the one driving!:loco:

24 hours from now...blasting up the turnpike! Watch out, FHP!!!