Which country makes the best Metal?

anonymousnick2001 said:
AND,

U.S.-Death, Iced Earth, Suffocation, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Machine Head, Godsmack, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Fear Factory, Testament, Biohazard, Mudvayne, Pantera, White Zombie, and Type O Negative!
Only about a third of those bands have been good at ANY stage in their career.

Profånity said:
I say Germany because it produces the best Death Metal, the best Hardcore, the best Thrash, the best Industrial, the best Power. It only lacks on Classic Metal, Doom and Nu Metal.

Metal and why?
You forgot prog-metal. Vanden Plas (German) is as good as they come.

Also Angel Dust (R.I.P.) was one of the best power/thrash metal bands to grace my ears and also German.

However, I don't think there is one country that dominates metal. I listen to more progt stuff than anything else and the giants of that genre come from all over. SX from the US, Pagans Mind from Norway, Vanden Plas from Germany, DT from the UK, Fates Warning from the US........ etc..

Bryant

Guardian of Darkness said:
Akercocke
Anaal Nathrakh
Anathema
Annihilated
Axis of Perdition

Oh fuck it, can't be bothered. Just saying there's a shitload more.
Aftermath
Akercocke
Anathema
Arcane
The Almighty

Oh fuck it, can't be bothered. Just saying there's a shitload more quality bands from the UK.

Shall we try B next?

I'm gonna go with the US. There are so many kick ass area scenes in the states. And like Dreamlord said earlier, most of the new shit coming out has some originality. Everybody seem's to be melting all the genre's together to create different sounding shit.

Ok, here is the styles of metal the countries who IMO best produce it:

Melodic Death- Sweden ( Ex.Gothenburg scene)
Death- U.S. (Ex. Florida's death scene)
Black- Norway
Power Metal- Germany
Thrash- U.S. (Ex. Bay Area scene)
Doom- U.K. (come on, how can any other country be better at doom with bands like Anathema, My Dying Bride etc.)

There are plenty more sub-genres and genres but that covers the main ones I think

Norway
Sweeden
Ireland (kinda have to)

Life Sucks said:
Whoa! You must be Irish. The only Irish bands I've heard of are Abaddon Incarnate, Primordial, and Mourning Beloveth. I have Nadir by Abaddon Incarnate and it's a pretty good evil grind CD. I have two mp3s from Mourning Beloveth, and they may possibly be the best doom metal band I've ever heard. I have some Primordial mp3s, but I just can't get into them; it sounds like they have black metal guitarwork with power metal vocals. What are some more Irish bands that I can check out? I'd be interested to hear more Irish bands, as I wasn't aware that they had a significant metal scene over there.

We do have a scene its just its pretty much based in Dublin. There are a lot of upcoming metal bands in Ireland it just promotion of them is basically non-existant unless your popular in Dublin. Even then it can take a while to get anywhere but we're still workin on it.

To find out more about them here are a few links. There are links to various bands in the sites too.

www.metalireland.com
www.metalworksmagizine.com
www.emeraldpromotions.8m.com (these guys bring in bands to ireland)
www.sentinelireland.com (distributes Irish metal for those looking for it).

Enjoy.

Eire

1. Australia
Destroyer 666
Bestial Warlust
Hobb's Angel of Death
Sadistik Exekution
Destruktor
Spear of Longinus
Vomitor
Gospel of the Horns
Grenade
Urgrund
Slaughter Lord
Stargazer
...Just to name a few

2. Canada
Blasphemy
Conqueror
Revenge
Axis of Advance
Allfather
Sacramentary Abolishment

and yes, SuicideMachine, there are several amazing bands to come out of France.

I must say that Sweden is the most overrated country by far.

Sure we have a few bands like Defleshed, Hypnosia, Vomitory and Carnal Forge but it´s not even close to the U.S.

Malevolent Creation
Am I Blood
Chimaira
Anthrax
Slayer
Pantera
Dark Angel

The god damn best country for Death Metal must be : QUEBEC
well.. one of the best hehe :)

I mean... it's not like Canada produced a lot of good death metal, as everything metal comes from Quebec
Cryptopsy
Martyr
Gorguts
Quo Vadis
Neuraxis
Démence
Despised Icon
Sombre Nostalgie
Ghoulunatics
Kataklysm
Kralizek
Moonlygth
Trails of Anguish (for all that are septical about north american Black Metal, go check them out)

And of course, even if they are not DM, Voivod!

So for a "country" of 7 million persons, it's quite a good metal scene :D

Edit: I forgot Atheretic...

Helvete said:
I must say that Sweden is the most overrated country by far.

Sure we have a few bands like Defleshed, Hypnosia, Vomitory and Carnal Forge but it´s not even close to the U.S.

Malevolent Creation
Am I Blood
Chimaira
Anthrax
Slayer
Pantera
Dark Angel

:lol:

Why didn't you mention any of these Swedish bands
Grave
Entombed
Therion
Opeth
In Flames
Dark Funeral
Amon Amarth
Hammerfall
Soilwork
?

Sweden clearly makes the best Metal, take a look at some of the bands it produces:
Black-THE ABYSS THE BLACK Dark Funeral Dissection Lord Belial Marduk Ophthalamia Setherial Swordmaster
Death-Amon AmarthAt The GatesBloodbathDark TranquilityDismemberEntombedIn FlamesOpethTherionUnleashedVomitory
Thrash-The CrownThe HauntedSoilwork
Doom-CandlemassKatatoniaPowerHammerfall

Profånity said:
Why didn't you mention any of these Swedish bands
Grave
Entombed
Therion
Opeth
In Flames
Dark Funeral
Amon Amarth
Hammerfall
Soilwork
?

Because they simply are not good enough for me.
Dark Funeral was kind of cool live though.

Eire said:
Norway
Sweeden
Ireland (kinda have to)

We do have a scene its just its pretty much based in Dublin. There are a lot of upcoming metal bands in Ireland it just promotion of them is basically non-existant unless your popular in Dublin. Even then it can take a while to get anywhere but we're still workin on it.

To find out more about them here are a few links. There are links to various bands in the sites too.

www.metalireland.com
www.metalworksmagizine.com
www.emeraldpromotions.8m.com (these guys bring in bands to ireland)
www.sentinelireland.com (distributes Irish metal for those looking for it).

Enjoy.

Eire
I have discovered some great Irish bands since I posted that. Arcane Sun was my favorite doom band ever. Mourning Beloveth is my favorite doom band that is still around. Both are/were from Ireland, as you surely know. I also like Primordial and Abaddon Incarnate a lot. I'll definitely check out those sites, because it seems that those few bands that Ireland does have all kick ass.