Which is your favourite guitar solo?

1. People calling it the greatest song of all time when clearly it isn't
2. Overplayed to no end
3. I think its a pretty boring song written by a bunch of smelly hippies. (but I suppose thats just my opinion.) Either way, its still overrated.

Necrophagist - Culinary Hyperversity - that solo fucking kills
Symphony X - too many to choose from (Of Sins and Shadows, The Turning, Divine Wings, Damnation Game, A Fool's Paradise, etc.)
Adagio - anything off the first half off Underworld
Jason Becker - Altitudes

Favorite soloists - Jason Becker, Mike Romeo, Frank Gambale, Allan Holdsworth, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci

I also have to add... the solo in Yngwie's "I am a Viking", off his Marching Out release. Man that's some awesome shit. That, and "Overture 1383" off the same release. I get frickin hard every time I hear the end of that song.

And wow... I just looked at the CD, and it was released in 1985! I bought the thing brand new!! Damn I'm getting old...

BloodStainedWalls said:
It is. It is a very good song but VERY over-rated.

No it's not.

The build up is phenomenal - the way it goes from a soft ballad to one of the heaviest songs of its time shows great dynamics, the musicianship is excellent as are the tempo changes, lyrics and vocal performance. Quite simply the greatest song of all time, name one song which is better?

The build up is phenomenal - the way it goes from a soft ballad to one of the heaviest songs of its time shows great dynamics, the musicianship is excellent as are the tempo changes, lyrics and vocal performance. Quite simply the greatest song of all time, name one song which is better?
Gamma Ray - Rebellion in Dreamland

same idea, better song